Here are the top 50 iPad apps for making your list and saving some dollars when you hit the malls.
Planning Your Purchases
1) ABC Family Gift Guide (Free): Let the family television network help you discover ideal gifts for everyone on your list.
2) Barcode Finder ($1.99): Take a photo of the UPC barcode on any product and this app will tell you its price on eBay, Amazon, and Google.
3) Catalogs.com for iPad (Free): Love to browse through catalogs? Then you’ll love this app, which lets you browse several in one place.
4) Christmas Gift Shopping List ($.99): This attractive list builder will let you create a shopping list for your holiday buying.
iPad App: ABC Family Gift Guide
5) Christmas Gifts iP3 ($1.99): Don’t start shopping until you know what you’re looking for. This app will help you create a list.
6) Cool Hunting (Free): If you’re looking for cutting-edge inspiration, this iPad magazine will point you to the newest trends.
7) Gifts HD ($3.99): With this app, everyone in the family can create their own password-protected shopping lists.
8) GottaDeal.com (Free): View the GottaDeal.com forums on your iPad and learn about the best places to save while shopping.
9) iDealyzer Pro ($2.99): Many sites, such as Woot.com, offer one great deal per day. With this app, you can track them all.
10) Item Track ($.99): Create a shopping checklist before you hit the stores and avoid overspending.
iPad App: Gotta Deal
11) PercentageOff (Free): This math app helps you calculate the final price that you’ll pay by figuring out the price after a percentage discount.
12) Point Inside Maps for Airports and Malls (Free): You can never find a mall directory when you need one, but with this free app you can carry a map with you.
13) Quick Christmas List HD ($.99): This well-designed shopping list app not only lets you create a list, but also organize it.
14) Sale Saver ($.99): What’s the sale price after a 25 percent discount and an extra 10 percent off? Sale Saver can tell you.
15) Shopping List ($.99): Why waste time creating an elaborate holiday shopping list? This app makes list-creation quick and easy.
16) Shopping List for iPad ($.99): This simple and sparse shopping list-maker gives you an easy way to create lists of everything you need to buy for the holidays.
17) Splash Shopper ($4.99): If you’re going to buy a shopping list app, buy one that you can use all year ‘round. Use this to make lists for groceries, music, movies, and more.
18) Toodledo ($1.99): If you’ve got a million things to do before the holidays, use this to do list app to help organize your time.
19) ToyHopper for iPad ($1.99): Unsure what to get the kids on your list? This updated app will give you details on all the top toys.
20) TweetsshopHD ($.99): This clever app taps the power of Twitter to let you know instantly about new sales.
Saving and Shopping
iPad App: As Seen on TV
21) As Seen on TV (Free): You’ll be giving fun and unusual gifts if you use this app, which guides you to products seen on television.
22) Amazon Mobile (Free): Use this app to search, shop, compare prices, read reviews, and make purchases on Amazon.com.
23) Become.com Online Shopping for iPad (Free): It’s like having a mall on your iPad. Use this app to compare prices and find deals on 27 million products from over 4,200 merchants.
24) Bluefly for iPad (Free): Give the latest styles. This app lets you read fashion news and trends, then browse and shop the Bluefly lookbooks.
25) Boutiques (Free): Shop a huge selection of curated boutiques, created or inspired by celebrities, designers, and style icons.
26) CraigsPro ($.99): With this ultimate Craigslist browser, you can search for deals simultaneously in multiple cities.
27) eBay for iPad (Free): The online auction site eBay is a great way to ferret out deals, and this app makes it all accessible from your iPad.
28) Famous Footwear (Free): Go shoe shopping on your iPad. This lets you search a large selection of brand name shoes, or find a nearby store.
29) Frys Shopper ($.99): Browse through the latest Frys circular to discover great tech deals, even if you don’t get the Sunday paper.
30) Gap 1969 Stream (Free): This attractive app lets you explore the Gap’s 1969 denim line to get fresh inspiration and discover new looks.
iPad App: Gilt
31) Gilt for iPad (Free): Discover luxury goods with the Gilt app, at prices up to 70 percent off retail.
32) JCPenny Weekly Deals (Free): Use this to preview JCPenny’s in-store sales and special offers, then create your own favorites list.
33) mGifts ($.99): This visual list-builder lets you create shopping lists for everyone you know, then customize those lists with the recipients’ pictures.
34) Nextag Mobile (Free): Don’t shop without it. Snap a picture of any item you see and Nextag will compare prices for you.
35) The North Face Gift Guide (Free): If you have an outdoor enthusiast on your list, use this app to find the perfect gift.
36) NM Editions (Free): Use this to browse though the Neiman Marcus catalogs anytime, including the well-known Christmas Book.
37) Overwhelming Offers (Free): This deal-finder app give you access to brand name products at 50 percent off or more every weekday.
38) Pottery Barn Catalog Viewer (Free): You’ve always got the latest Pottery Barn catalog on-hand when you’ve got this app. Zoom in to see details.
39) Pottery Barn Kids Catalog Viewer (Free): Like the previous app, this one lets you browse through the latest catalog and even keep a library of older catalogs.
40) QVC for iPad (Free): This full-service shopping app shows you all the deals on QVC and lets you order them immediately.
41) Rue La La (Free): This destination for women’s fashion lets you shop private sales and set reminders so you don’t miss something good.
42) Shoes.com (Free): This shoe-shopping app brings you a huge variety of styles from well-known brands, then buy them through your iPad.
43) ShopStyle (Free): Shop from over 300 well-known retailers in one place. You can buy through the app or keep a list of favorites.
44) Spiegal iCatalog App (Free): Browse through the Spiegal catalog with this app, and share your favorites via e-mail or social networks.
45) Target for iPad (Free): Leave it to Target to create one of the best-looking shopping apps. Use it to flip through the weekly ad, create a shopping list, or find a nearby store.
46) Toys R Us (Free): Browse through hundreds of the top toys. Kids can use virtual stickers to mark items they really want.
47) Under Armour (Free): If you’re shopping for an athlete, you can use this catalog app to find the products that will increase performance.
48) Windowshop (Free): Amazon has reworked its interface for the tablet, so that you can browse through products with the flip of a finger.
49) Wish Book (Free): The Sears Wish Book comes alive on the iPad. Check out the trending tree, or shake the snow globe to browse departments.
50) Zappos Mobile (Free): Shop for shoes, clothing, and more from Zappos, then enjoy free shipping and 24/7 customer support.