Here are the 50 best iPhone apps for staying informed.
1) ABC News (free): Video reports from the nightly newscast.
2) EZ-News ($.99): Nine news sites formatted for the iPhone.
3) iNews ($3.99): Read articles from many sources with this one app.
4) NYTimes (Free): Up-to-the-minute content from the paper of record.
5) Tap News ($.99): Access nine news sites from one app.
6) Television ($2.99): Watch 85 shows from 45 channels.
7) USA Today (free): The days news from the national paper.
8) Wall Street Journal (Free): The WSJ’s content is free on the iPhone.
9) World Newspapers ($2.99): A directory to 4,000 newspapers with online editions.
10) Yahoo! (free): The latest updates from Yahoo News.
11) asap—High Tech ($.99): News reader with predefined high-tech feeds.
12) Diggnation on the Go (free): Watch the Diggnation podcast anytime.
13) Gadget Junkie ($1.99): The latest tech and toys; lets you save your favorite articles.
14) iNewz Tech ($2.99): Tech news reports with an offline mode.
15) Shovel (free): All the top stories from Digg.com, with comments.
16) SourceForge Network News (free): The latest news from Slashdot.org and other SourceForge Network sites.
17) TechCrunch Offline Reader (free): Read and contribute to TechCrunch posts.
18) TechMunch (free): Stay updated with the latest from the TechCrunch blogs.
19) TechNews QuicknEasy RSS ($.99): The latest tech headlines, with customization options.
20) Website Magazine (free): News and strategies for Web professionals.
21) AccuWeather.com (free): Attractive display with full weather reports.
22) NOAA National Weather Service ($1.99): Access to dynamic National Weather Service events.
23) Pocket Express (free): A handy app for weather, news, and more.
24) RadarScope ($9.99): Over 140 radars in one app.
25) Sunrise Sunset ($.99): When all you want is sunup and sundown times.
26) Surf Reports (free): Always know surf conditions with this app from Oakley.
27) WeatherBug Elite ($.99): There’s also a free version with ads.
28) The Weather Channel (free): A must-have from the trusted source.
29) Weather Radar ($.99): The easiest way to view local radar.
30) Who Is Hot? (free): Get weather reports for all of your contacts.
31) asap—Stock ($.99): A news reader with predefined stock and finance feeds.
32) Bailout News ($1.99): Track how your tax dollars are being spent.
33) Bloomberg (free): Get data from the most trusted name in financial information.
34) CBS MoneyWatch (free): Videos with practical financial advice.
35) Daily Finance (free): Powered by AOL Money & Finance, this gives real-time stock quotes and customizable news from over 3,000 sources.
36) Forbes Intelligent Investing (free): A series of stories and videos from the business world’s most intelligent minds.
37) Stock Toolbox ($2.99): Get investment advice from a variety of sources.
38) Market Simplified for TD AMERITRADE (free): View news, quotes, and charts so you can take control of your portfolio.
39) Morningstar (free): Investors, get news on featured stocks and funds.
40) StockNews QuicknEasy RSS ($.99): Get news from a variety of stock-related RSS feeds.
41) CBS Sports Mobile (free): Complete coverage of the NBA playoffs and every MLB game.
42) College Sports News ($.99): College sports news from around the world.
43) Easy Sports ($.99): Quick access to six popular sports Web sites.
44) FOX Sports Mobile (free): News and videos for all major sports.
45) L.A. Times Sports Reader (free): The top stories in L.A. sports.
46) MLB.com at Bat 2009 ($9.99): Detailed data on live baseball games.
47) Sportacular (free): Current scores, standings, and schedules for all major sports.
48) Sports News ($.99): The latest news for sports leagues around the world.
49) SportsTap (free): Sports news for both U.S. and international leagues.
50) Texas Sports ($2.99): Nothing but college sports news from the state of Texas.