Cnet: Just in time to be part of all the hype leading up to Facebook’s IPO on Friday, Experian Hitwise has released a bunch of stats about the social network. Here are some highlights:
- So far this year, Facebook has averaged 229 million U.S. visits a day.
- Facebook.com accounted for 9 percent of all U.S. Internet visits in April.
- The average Facebook visit lasts 20 minutes.
- “Facebook” has been the most searched term in the U.S. since July 18, 2009.
- 56 percent of Facebook visitors are female.
- 52 percent of U.S. Facebook visits come from just ten states: California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Georgia and North Carolina.