Houston-based Hewlett Packard Enterprises (HPE) is a leader in the technology industry focused on edge-to-cloud computing, including in the networking sector.
HPE’s networking offerings range from switches to software-defined wide area networks (SD-WAN) and applications for network management.
See below to learn where HPE stands in the networking market:
HPE GreenLake for Networking
HPE GreenLake is a comprehensive network-as-a-service (NaaS) platform designed to simplify procuring and deploying network resources and to accelerate time-to-value, while simplifying IT operations and network management.
- HPE Aruba switching hardware promises enhanced IT operational efficiency and high availability.
- A single operating system (OS) is used for simplicity.
- Cloud-based and on-premises management options are available with unified views for devices and clients.
- Smart automation validates and deploys error-free configurations and reduces manual tasks.
- Embedded analytics prevent, detect, and repair issues before operations and users are affected.
- Role-based access and policy enforcement provides reliable security configurations.
- HPE Aruba WLAN solutions are delivered using wireless access points, gateways, and controllers.
- Seamless connectivity is provided by Wi-Fi access points and controllers.
- Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E certification and operability are necessary while maintaining interoperability with past Wi-Fi generations.
- Location services offer situational awareness through media-rich apps, indoor wayfinding, asset tracking, and granular analytics.
When organizations need enterprise-class computing, storage, security, compliance, and management in harsh operating environments, they can use HPE Edgeline Converged Edge Systems.
Management and Operations
- This cloud-native, microservices architecture, AI-powered solution is designed to manage all network infrastructure.
- Simplify the provision and configuration of network operations from a cloud-native dashboard.
- Intent-based policy automation and orchestration are available with intuitive security access controls.
- Aruba AirWave is a multi-vendor wired and wireless network management system.
- Add, modify, or deploy network devices using zero-touch provisioning, group templates, and intuitive workflows.
- The solution offers real-time monitoring of critical network and application services.
- Context-based troubleshooting tools are available.
- The firmware upgrade module makes easy work of updating devices with minimal impact to operations.
Aruba Fabric Composer
- Aruba Fabric Composer optimizes data center network fabric provisioning and application performance across virtualized compute and storage environments.
- The solution provides interactive and automated workflows that simplify administrative duties when setting up complex data centers.
- Support is available for fabric management across multi-site data center locations.
- Centralized and comprehensive SD-WAN management is provided for all network functions, including routing, firewall, segmentation, WAN optimization, application visibility and control, and automated orchestration with cloud security services.
- Aruba Orchestrator simplifies change management.
- Configuration errors are reduced.
- Organizations are able to accelerate troubleshooting.
- IT staff can assign and monitor application and security policies.
- HPE’s SD-WAN solutions operate on a business-first model that forces the network to conform to the business.
- Secure edge portfolio securely and seamlessly connects anyone and everything to the cloud and applications.
- Real-time response to changing network conditions offers control of all WAN traffic, accelerates deployment of new applications and sites, and monitors availability of cloud endpoints.
- Single platform unifies SD-WAN, security, routing, and WAN optimization.
- Zero-trust security ensures consistent controls are applied to all network branches, including home or remote workers.
- See anything connected to your network, regardless of the location.
- Provide the least required access to IT resources using identities and roles.
- Adjust access privileges dynamically in response to real-time threat data.
- Stay ahead of network, security, and application performance concerns.
- Automate repetitive troubleshooting tasks with self-healing insights.
The HPE Partner Ready program is designed to support a partner’s business model, enabling growth, profitability, and innovation.
The partner program framework is organized into three tracks:
- Build: Develop, use, or integrate with HPE technology.
- Sell: Offer solutions from the HPE portfolio.
- Service: Support is available for consulting, assessment, design, integration, deployment, migration, and management services.
HPE Partner Ready participants have access to a comprehensive suite of marketing resources, training materials, and professional services.
Networking Use Cases
United States Marine Corps (USMC)
When the United States Marine Corps (USMC) needed more flexibility and versatility than their existing wired internet connections could provide, they turned to HPE Aruba.
Deployment of indoor and outdoor Aruba access points and ClearPass Policy Manager brought secure and reliable wireless connectivity to warehouses specializing in distributing and warehousing military goods and equipment.
Kent State University
With a responsibility to serve 10,700 employees and 36,000 students representing 98 countries, Kent State University needed to modernize their network infrastructure with high-performance, flexible, and extensible solutions.
To support these needs, Kent State University went all-in with HPE Aruba networking hardware and software solutions.
Post-implementation, the results were overwhelmingly positive:
- Switch configuration time reduced from three hours by full-time engineers to 30 minutes by student workers
- Smart facilities leverage the Internet of Things (IoT) to maintain 147 buildings 24/7
- Future-proof options with the capability to add location-aware options and expansion of self-healing management
“Our strong networking foundation helps ensure we can deliver the best possible user experiences across a full spectrum of activities now and in the future,” says John Rathje, VP for IT and CIO, Kent State University.
User Reviews of HPE Networking
Reviews for HPE networking portfolio solutions are positive, a few of which include:
- Capterra: 5 out of 5
- Gartner Peer Insights: 5 out of 5
- G2: 4.5 out of 5
- Gartner Peer Insights: 4.6 out of 5
Wi-Fi Access Points
- G2: 4 out of 5
- Gartner Peer Insights: 4.8 out of 5
Aruba AirWave Network Management
- G2: 4.6 out of 5
- Gartner Peer Insights: 4.7 out of 5
- Capterra: 4.8 out of 5
- Gartner Peer Insights: 4.4 out of 5
Industry Recognition of HPE Networking
HPE has a earned various awards and distinctions that demonstrate HPE’s leadership in the tech industry and networking sector.
HPE in the Networking Market
Cisco is generally regarded as the leader in the networking and data center market share with an estimated 55.7%. The next largest vendors are Huawei, sitting at 9.3%, and HPE in third position at 5.3%.
With a comprehensive, well-reviewed, networking portfolio, HPE is a strong contender in the current networking market. Their commitment to providing edge-to-edge solutions with all the requisite infrastructure functionality makes HPE a solid choice for any organization or enterprise. This commitment is reinforced by value-added offerings, like their certification opportunities that deliver the training and credentials to ensure success.