Iron Mountain is focused on providing secure business records storage and understands the importance of keeping data safe.
Boston-based Iron Mountain serves over 225,000 customers in 58 countries, and they report working with 95% of Fortune “1,000” companies
See below to learn all about the data center offerings by Iron Mountain:
See more: The Top Data Storage Companies
Data center portfolio
With a reputation for regulatory compliance, Iron Mountain offers data centers with many notable features, including:
- 20 locations across three continents
- Scalable options from single data center cabinet to fully dedicated data center
- Cloud-neutral data solutions
- Business continuity
- Physical security
- Environmental sustainability
- Contract all hands-on maintenance tasks
- Responses guaranteed within minutes
- Get help with rack and stack, hardware reboots, cabling, and lock resets
- Experts available on-site and on call 24/7/365
- Anytime, anywhere ordering
- Billed hourly or on a recurring discounted basis
Data center migration
- End-to-end solutions that include analysis, risk assessment, planning, design, execution, and testing
- Clear work statements and methodologies with a single point of contact for support tasks
- Team includes project managers, structured cabling personnel, specialized movers, network engineers, and system administrators
- Ensure budgets and time frames are adhered to
Data center installations and builds
- Use proven experts for site selection, design, construction, government and regulator liaison activities, and the creation of power and network connectivity strategies
Global network operations center (GNOC)
- Central point for customer communication and advocacy
- Log in to manage infrastructure
- Request expert assistance, access logs, power and cooling audits, and bandwidth usage reports
- Monitored ticketing platform
Iron Mountain has three partnership programs:
- Channel partners: dedicated resources that include training, guidance, sales tools to accelerate growth and create recurring revenue streams
- Real estate brokers: assistance with customers who express the need for new or growing infrastructure requirements, such as a cabinet, cage, or building.
- Strategic alliances: with a wide range of businesses and industry groups, including hardware, software, interconnection, and environmental, help to drive digital infrastructure change.
Data center use case
As an internet services company, hosting over 200,000 websites for 30,000 customers, Krystal needed to find a data center capable of high performance with stability and scalability.
Just as important to Krystal was finding a data center partner that could match their values while meeting its technical demands.
Iron Mountain proved to be reliable and personal with high environmental standards.
“We loved the fact that there was renewable power being generated on-site, but we also saw Iron Mountain as a longer-term match due to their standards, their ecosystems, and their location spread,” says Alex Easter, CTO, Krystal.
Initially, Krystal planned to build their own data centers but turned to providers as remote work recently expanded. Starting with locations in the U.S., Krystal knew they had plans for data center sites in Europe and Asia Pacific. The global nature of Iron Mountain is one of the reasons Krystal selected the vendor.
User reviews of Iron Mountain data centers
Users at the tech review site Gartner Peer Insights give Iron Mountain an overall rating of 4 out of 5.
Industry recognition of Iron Mountain data centers
Iron Mountain has made a significant commitment to using clean energy while providing data center services.
After joining the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Better Building Initiative as a Challenge Partner and demonstrating their ability to run all of their data centers on 100% renewable energy, Iron Mountain won the RE100 Leadership Awards, Most Impactful Pioneer for using clean energy across their global data center infrastructure.
Iron Mountain was also named as a RE100 Key Collaborator, empowering others in the industry.
Iron Mountain in the data center market
Iron Mountain competes primarily against some of the largest data center companies in the world, such as:
- Digital Realty
Iron Mountain is a good secure data center option for companies focused on compliance and continuous improvement for design, operation, security, and efficiency. Iron Mountain also provides true global consistency, achieving certifications in information security (ISO 27001), energy management (ISO 50001), and environmental management (ISO 14001).
See more: 5 Top Storage Hardware Trends