IT Salary: Senior Java Developer
(Salary data and job descriptions courtesy of Foote Partners.)
Q1 2007 Data:
Responsible for Java/J2EE/J2SE application development supporting business objectives while providing expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing. Analyzes, designs and builds component-based applications in a Web/internet delivery environment, including introduction of an application layer, modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications along with enhancements web sites, web applications, and infrastructure. Performs hands-on coding, mentors junior developers and assists in architecting web content solutions. Serves as liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas. Expertise in server-side web presentation technologies.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related discipline is required, or equivalent work experience and technical training.
• 5 or more years of Java experience managing application design, software development, maintenance and delivery with at least 2 years with application servers; e.g. Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i Application Server; SQL Server; J2EE Application Server; IBM Websphere, Tomcat, or BEA Weblogic; Apache.
• Minimum of 3 years technical work experience in a team environment as a programmer.
•Strong relational database experience (DB2, Sybase, SQL, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i). Strong background working in distributed Unix environments.
• Experience designing N-tiered applications, with multi-tier architecture and production Internet architectures.
• Strong experience developing and implementing highly complex technical solutions in a J2EE web environment.
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly desirable:
– Rapid applications development or extreme programming experience
– Sun Certified Developer for Java 2 Platform
– Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform
– Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services
– Java Development Certified Professional