IT Salary: Manager, Web Systems
(Salary data and job descriptions courtesy of Foote Partners.)
Q1 2007 Data:
Responsibility and accountability for the design, development, release, and maintenance of internal (intranet) and external (Internet, WWW, extranet) Web systems and services (collectively known as “I-net”), either enterprise wide or for designated major area(s) of the business (e.g., US, international, subsidiary). Works closely with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify and maximize opportunities to utilize Web-based technologies to improve business processes and support critical business strategies, provide information access, promote the strategic use of information technology, enable the work force to use selected new technologies, and identify users’ information requirements. Provides leadership, vision, and direction for Inter/Intranet systems, ensuring support of the company’s business objectives and requirements. Ensures organizational balance and system coherency between Web systems and other computing operations and activities. Understands how to leverage Internet business applications for competitive advantage. The primary goal of this position is to turn internal and external Web technology into a business vehicle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering or equivalent work experience required. An M.B.A. degree (or equivalent) highly desirable.
• 7-8 years of IT and business experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, including experience with integrated online relational database management systems (RDBMSs), preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms. Previous technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key to success in this position.
• At least 4 years of progressive, broad Web-based information systems experience (which could include consulting) with state-of-the-art hardware and software systems is desirable. Knowledge and implementation experience in new computing architectures and networked computing structures emphasizing the PC is necessary. Experience in software engineering involving development and testing of multimedia or online Web applications.
• Strong demonstrated experience in project management and execution of multiple development projects, particularly as a business lead on systems development.
·• At least 3 years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience, during which two or more of the following has occurred:
–demonstrated successful development and implementation of new technologies and work processes
–demonstrated high competency in project management and the execution of multiple or large projects
–demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
–demonstrated leadership of multidisciplinary, high-performance work teams/groups
–demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
–successful development and implementation of applications in new computing architecture environments using new and emerging technologies
–a successful track record of managing joint IT/business teams through life-cycle phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable)
• Business unit employment experience (or project-based experience working closely with business) as well as successful demonstration of sensitivity and commitment to business issues and problems.
• Experience in managing an organization of 10-15 employees (including contractors) and annual budget exceeding $1 million.