IT Salary: E-Commerce Project Manager/Coordinator
(Salary data and job descriptions courtesy of Foote Partners.)
Q1 2007 Data:
Is responsible for managing the team that develops, implements, and maintains electronic commerce Web systems and sites. Has the responsibility for designing, implementing, and managing the electronic commerce (EC) or EDI programs within the organization, and advising corporate management on EC/EDI management and planning. Incumbents in this position are often challenged to oversee file transfer, Internet, and voice response functions, as well as setting up and maintaining trading partner profiles, integrating EC and EDI with application software, and managing daily incoming/outgoing transactions. Major project activities managed include constructing and maintaining Web back-end systems and ensuring the currency, quality, and integrity of information on the sites.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Operations Management, or equivalent experience. MCSE+Internet and PMI certifications are pluses.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of information systems and business unit experience, 5 of which are in increasing levels of responsibility in a technical management capacity and program management. Must have a strong ability to lead with a very strong understanding of what it takes to develop a successful web-based operation
• 4 or more years of team/project leadership responsibilities in a web/e-commerce environment, developing project plans and managing Web-based solution delivery from implementation through completion.
• Must possess a broad but thorough knowledge of EC and IT systems as well as comprehensive knowledge of relevant business functions and their interdependencies. Prior consulting experience a plus.
• Thorough understanding of electronic commerce trends and technologies. Demonstrated ability to engage in complex problem solving, issues resolution and testing scenarios.
• Thorough knowledge of Web technology and solutions, and experience delivering through third-party providers.
• Working knowledge of relational database models.
• Demonstrated experience in two or more of the following:
– Transaction Processing
– Database design
– Supply chain business, procurement
– Experience with one-to-one marketing packages
• Requires a combination of strong technical knowledge and leadership skills. Successful experience in a management position with proven ability to provide direction.
• Basic knowledge of networking protocols, configuration, network administration
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience in a large organization and experience developing successful vendor relationships.
• Experience with relational databases and object oriented and event driven techniques.