IT Salary: Data Warehouse/BI Management
(Salary data and job descriptions courtesy of Foote Partners.)
Q1 2007 Data:
Is responsible for increasing the quality of the decision-making capabilities of DSS systems. Uses heuristic approaches to problem solving, uses creative systems design to capitalize on emerging DSS/EIS enabling technologies, and maintains close partnerships with senior management to better understand their information needs. Develops advanced corporate models for data analysis and corporate intelligence gathering that can be leveraged by emerging DSS/EIS technologies. Is a superb communicator and negotiator with well-honed marketing and product development knowledge and skills, who has the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the DW/BI team’s knowledge of, and concern for, customers’ business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (M.B.A. preferred) with additional degree or equivalent work experience in Information Systems, Operations Research, Management Science, and the like.
•10 years of progressive broad-based information systems experience, with 5 years of demonstrated success as a systems analyst in DSS development (any platform), during which more than one of the following occurred:
–Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking with strong abilities in relationship management
–successful development and implementation of new technology
–Demonstrated exceptional success in working with customers developing effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems
–Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and ability to achieve results
–Demonstrated competency in project management and the execution of multiple or large projects
• 4 or more years of business area experience (as either IT or LOB employee) with demonstrated success solving business problems with correct technology fit
• 3 years of experience in data warehousing planning and development
• Power use of DSS/EIS tools
• Experience in statistical analysis, forecasting techniques, what-if scenario analysis