Pentaho was one of the earliest open source Business Intelligence technologies. Its strong legacy reputation has continued into the Big Data era under Hitachi, which acquired Pentaho in 2015.
It is the strength of the large open source community that is one of the key differentiators for the Pentaho platform. Leveraging the community enables users old and new to tap into an open base of knowledge about how to accomplish key enterprise tasks. Many organization find this quite valuable. The modern enterprise Pentaho platform extends the open source community edition with enterprise analysis, reporting and data mining capabilities, among other features.
The Pentaho platform is well suited for organizations of all sizes that have multiple types of data they want to analyze, including Big Data.
Pentaho is a Business Intelligence platform with data integrations and business data analytics capabilities to help organization make sense of Big Data and derive data driven insights.
The platform integrates different types of analytics ranging from basic reporting to predictive analytics modelling. Web as well as a mobile interface support collaboration and analysis across different types of users and deployment methods.
Pentaho includes a spectrum of advanced analytics, from predictive modeling to basic reporting. The tool is specifically designed to blend with mobile platforms, providing a seamless experience from smartphones and tablets.
- Big Data support. Pentaho supports multiple Big Data technologies including Cloudera, Apache Hive, MapR, Cassandra, HP Vertica and Greenplum.
- Data onboarding. The platform has a template-based approach that enables users to get Hadoop Big Data sources ready for analysis.
- Report designer. Enables users to design custom reports to support data analysis.
- Data visualization. The analyzer front end enabled ad hoc analysis and data visualization.
- Custom dashboard creation. Developer tooling enables users to create their own unique, custom dashboards.
Organizations with lots of different types of data and big data sources.
Available by request from vendor.
|Use-Cases||Organizations with lots of different types of data and big data sources|
|Key Differentiator||Strong open source software roots|
|Pricing||Available by request from vendor|