Google reported earnings of $13.1 billion in FY 2020 thanks to their continued delivery of value in the cloud technology market. These include artificial intelligence (AI) offerings that are increasingly important for giving businesses a competitive edge.
Google is one of the leading players in the AI market through its Google Cloud unit.
Here, we cover some of the AI products offered by Google Cloud and provide some information about where it stands in the AI market:
Google Cloud AI Portfolio
- Vertex AI: Helps customers implement machine learning (ML) models quickly, using custom tooling that has already been pre-trained within a unified AI platform. This solution is also quite efficient, using fewer lines of code than average.
- AutoML: Helps users train machine learning models according to their specific business needs.
- Vision AI: Lets users extract information from images stored in the cloud. It allows for actions such as document classification and image searches.
- Cloud Natural Language: Allows users to extract information from unstructured bodies of text.
- Media Translation (beta): Users can add real-time audio translations directly to content and applications.
- Text-to-speech: Lets customers convert text into natural sounding speech in over 40 languages.
- Cloud GPUs: Instead of costly physical GPUs, Google Cloud provides their Cloud GPU service, whcih gives access to high-performance GPUs that can be used for activities such as machine learning, scientific computing, and 3D visualization.
- Deep Learning Containers: Let users build their deep learning projects quickly using frameworks that are already well established.
- Cloud Translation: Allows customers to use machine translation to make apps and content multi-lingual.
- Dialogflow: Provides users with virtual agents capable of carrying out conversations with a company’s customers.
See more: Artificial Intelligence Market
Google Cloud AI Partners
Quantiphi applies AI and data science to solve business’s transformational problems. They do this with a combination of their industry experience, cloud and data engineering practices, and AI research. They use of a number of Google Cloud solutions, such as machine learning APIs.
Slalom’s main focus is on strategy, technology, and business transformation. They have expertise in Google Cloud products, such analytics, machine learning, and ML APIs.
Maven Wave helps leading companies make the shift to digital technologies using a number of Google Cloud products, such as various AI solutions and Google Cloud databases.
Google Cloud AI Use Cases
Medical: American Cancer Society
The American Cancer society partnered with Slalom to identify patterns in digital images of breast cancer tissue using the Google Cloud ML engine. This technology can potentially improve patient outcomes and provide analysis that is 12 times faster. This method enhances the quality and accuracy of the image analysis by removing human limitations, fatigue, and bias. It also keeps images safe in the cloud so they can be referred to later. This solution is scalable.
Translation: Hi Translate
Hi Translate leverages the power of Google Cloud to provide translation services with its translation app. This app is capable of translating text, voice, and images in more than 100 languages, thanks to the Google Cloud Vision API. In addition, using Google’s infrastructure means users experience enhanced connection stability. Hi Translate developers are also free to focus on product development since they don’t have to worry about the cloud. Overall, by using Google Cloud’s services, the time it took for translation processing was shortened by 40%.
E-commerce: 3PM Solutions
E-commerce marketplaces have increasingly allowed for third party sellers to operate on their websites. In fact, according to Statista, more than 50% of items sold on Amazon are sold by third-party sellers. While this creates opportunities for many legitimate sellers, many products sold by third-party online retailers turn out to be counterfeit. 3PM Solutions helps brands analyze listings on platforms such as Ebay, Amazon, and Walmart.com to see if products are counterfeit. They do this with the help of Google Cloud services such as Cloud Vision API, which uses machine learning, Cloud Bigtable, DataProc, and Cloud TPU. 3PM Solutions lets customers review millions of products and third-party sellers in a matter of hours to detect fraudulent product advertisements, ultimately improving and protecting the online shopping experience of customers.
User Reviews of Google Cloud AI
User reviews demonstrate the effectiveness of the AI products Google Cloud has to offer:
- G2: 4.3/5
- Trustradius: 8/10
Google Cloud AI Competitors
These are some of the companies Google Cloud competes with in the AI market:
- Microsoft Azure
- Digital Reasoning