Computerworld: A new online survey conducted by Sybase finds that half of workers would prefer to choose their own mobile devices. In addition, 56 percent of those surveyed said that work-related mobile apps make them more productive. Other key findings include the following:
- 45 percent of workers say they would use an enterprise app store to download apps.
- Only 19 percent believe their bosses make it as easy to use a mobile device as a desktop.
- 44 percent say they don’t have enough mobile apps to do their jobs.
- Just 29 percent said their IT departments do a good job of managing mobile devices.
- 30 percent say they’ve sent work-related e-mail or documents to their personal accounts.