IT Salary: Manager, Business Systems Analysis
(Salary data and job descriptions courtesy of Foote Partners.)
Q1 2007 Data:
Business systems analysis is integral to the business in any decisions that may be impacted by technology. Business Systems Analysts serve as consultants to business units in planning and coordinating systems analysis, design and implementation projects to automate processing or improve business systems. Manages the team that analyzes business partner’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Gathers business needs as well as the design of solutions through direct interaction with business unit leaders. Focuses on developing and improving business processes, assisting with the development of metrics, both within the technology and business organizations. Identifies, proposes and influences business solutions, negotiates deliverables and requirements across multiple business customers or organizations. Ensures that the design and integration of proposed system, software and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology. Integrally involved in “buy vs. build” decisions.
• 10 years of IT or business/industry-specific work experience. 6 or more years of referenceable business analysis experience plus solid experience in systems analysis, structured analysis, or methods and procedures.
• Deep understanding of information systems, business processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the relevant business.
• Expert-level experience in Software Development Life Cycle, relational databases (Oracle, SQL-Server,etc.) and how they work.
•Expertise in process design and documentation methodologies, and design and production of quality deliverables, process and use case modeling, business case development.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong project management, leadership, meeting facilitation, and Project Life Cycle.
• Demonstrated ability to manage teams of business systems analysts.