Dell Technologies is a global company headquartered in Round Rock, Texas. Dell employs 158,000 people in more than 180 countries around the world, as of 2021.
In the third quarter of 2021, Dell reported $28.4 billion in revenue.
See more: Today’s Data Science Job Market
Dell Technologies as an Employer
With major offices and divisions all over the globe, Dell Technologies has a high concentration of employees in several markets.
- 74,000 employees are based in the U.S.
- 50,000 employees are based in India
- 6,000 employees are based in Brazil
Dell believes that good work isn’t tied to where you are but what you do. Through its Connected Workplace program, eligible team members have the choice to design the work style that suits them best.
Having started the initiative in 2009, Dell estimates that more than 60% of their workforce will be working remotely on any given day in the company’s future.
Dell Technologies’ employment process and environment in based on the company’s #CultureCode. It defines who they are as a company, describes what they believe, and allows them to set clear expectations for how they work alongside each other and lead.
Diversity and inclusion is important to Dell Technologies. By 2030, Dell hopes to have:
- 40% of global leaders at Dell to identify as women
- 50% of global workers at Dell to identify as women
- 25% of the U.S. workforce to identify as African-American or Hispanic
- 15% of U.S. leaders to identify as African-American or Hispanic
Dell receives a rating of 4.4 out of 5 for diversity and inclusion from past and current employees at Glassdoor.
The work culture at Dell manifests itself in five core values:
- Customers: The relationships it holds with customers are the ultimate differentiator and the foundation of their success.
- Innovation: The ability to innovate and cultivate breakthrough thinking is an engine for Dell’s growth, success, and progress.
- Results: Dell believes in accountability as the only way for exceptional standards of performance.
- Integrity: Integrity must always govern their fierce desire to win.
- Winning together: Dell believes in the value of their people. They perform better, are smarter, and have more fun working as a team rather than as individuals.
At Dell Technologies, the vast majority of employees, around 100,000 of them, work in information technology (IT), engineering, and sales. But those aren’t the only roles available, as thousands more employees also work in:
- Business development
- Program and project management
- Technical support
As for higher education, the bulk of current employees at Dell majored in computer science or computational science. Employees also come from several other academic programs:
- Business administration and management
- Information technology
- Electrical or electronic engineering
See more: IBM: Careers Review
Since it was founded in 1984, Dell Technologies has proved its capabilities in several tech markets through the awards and accolades it has received:
- “Top 100 Companies for Remote Work” by FlexJobs in 2021
- One of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies,” seven years in a row, 2020
- “Best Employer for Diversity” by Forbes in 2020
- “Best Companies for Women” by Fairygodboss in 2019
- “World’s Most Admired Companies” by Fortune in 2019
Dell Technologies has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 at Glassdoor as well as several other corporate ratings:
- 95% of employees approve of their CEO
- 87% of employees would recommend working at Dell to a friend
- 82% of employees at Dell have a positive business outlook
Dell offers various benefits to employees, including:
- Health care, and wellness benefits
- Financial aid and retirement benefits
- Family and parenting support
- Holidays and paid time off
- Professional discounts and perks
- Professional support and assistance
While working at Dell Technologies, employees have access to additional perks based on their location.
- Mother’s room
- On-site gym
- On-site health care
- On-site café
Dell Technologies has a rating of a 3.9 out of 5 for benefits at Glassdoor as well as several related ratings:
- 4 out of 5 for life insurance
- 3.5 out of 5 for dental insurance
- 4.1 out of 5 for 401(k) plan
- 4 out of 5 for supplemental workers’ compensation
- 3.4 out of 5 for employee discounts
Dell Technologies Job Openings in Data
Dell Technologies is current looking to fill a variety of positions related to data, including:
- Senior analyst
- Storage platforms and solutions account executive
- Senior manager and data scientist
- Data engineer senior analyst
- Data scientist, sales reports and analytics
- Data engineer advisor
- Governance data analytics advisor
- Marketing data service manager (100% remote)
- Business intelligence senior advisor, SQL specialist