NEW YORK and LONDON — A new report shows that enterprise marketers have increasing interest and trust in artificial intelligence (AI) to help them with customer engagement.
The report shows a “growing stress” among marketers over creating high-quality content and their looking to data and technology for solutions, according to Phrasee, a company using AI to optimize language for brands across channels.
Phrasee released the report, “Brand Voice Comes of Age,” this month.
AI for brand voice
- 63% of respondents said they would consider investing in AI to generate and optimize copy, an increase from 36% in 2020
- Compared to a year ago, 65% of marketers have more trust that AI can help generate desirable brand language
Other key findings on data-led customer engagement
- 82% of respondents said their organization would benefit from data that provides insights into how consumers respond to brand language
- About 25% of marketers do testing to understand what’s resonating with customers
- 48% of marketers consider testing too time-consuming
- 31% said that top management does not support their trial of new technology
“The challenge marketers face now is optimizing and scaling their brand language for maximum impact across the customer journey, all while staying true to that unique voice,” said Parry Malm, CEO of Phrasee.
“Constant turbulence and a lack of resources have made this already time-consuming task even more difficult, with most senior marketers struggling to keep customers consistently engaged across all digital channels.”
Malm added that the survey results show “an increasing willingness to turn to data-led approaches to solve these issues, but it remains to be seen whether brands will follow through on their intentions.”
“Brand Voice Comes of Age” is based on a survey of over 300 senior marketers at large organizations in multiple sectors: e-commerce; retail; travel; hospitality; restaurants; communications; telecom; utilities; banking; finance; and insurance.
The research is “powered by” Dynata, a first-party data and insights platform.