WALLDORF, Germany and BATON ROUGE, Louisiana — The state of Louisiana is working with SAP to move its human resources (HR) technology to the cloud and build a foundation to “transform” its people strategy.
The state selected several SAP SuccessFactors applications in the engagement, according to SAP last month.
The SAP solutions will help the state of Louisiana, an existing SAP customer, “modernize and incorporate data-driven decision-making into its talent processes.”
“COVID-19 has permanently shifted the way we all conduct business due to the necessity of teleworking,” said Louisiana Chief Information Officer Richard “Dickie” Howze.
“Cloud computing allows the Office of Technology Services to meet the rapidly evolving needs of the state agencies we serve. It’s not a luxury anymore. It’s a necessity.”
See more: SAP Acquires AI HR Platform
5 HR applications deployed by state of Louisiana
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting: to identify and recruit well-qualified individuals for employment
- SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding: to formalize and digitalize the employee onboarding process
- SAP SuccessFactors Learning: to help ensure compliance with state-mandated training and replace an existing on-premises learning solution from SAP
- SAP SuccessFactors Performance & Goals: to standardize talent evaluation processes that reflect employment standards
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics: to produce real-time reports detailing HR and talent metrics for the state’s Department of Health.
See more: SAP Cloud Platform Review
“There’s an unspoken urgency to bridge the technological gap many government agencies face, not only to meet citizen expectations and deliver on critical missions, but also to recruit young talent,” said Brian Roach, SAP North America SVP and managing director of regulated industries.
“The state of Louisiana is taking that challenge head on in the fastest, most flexible way to transform with cloud-based solutions.”
The state can transform how it “attracts, retains, and supports top talent” with SAP SuccessFactors solutions for talent management, said Maryann Abbajay, chief revenue officer, SAP SuccessFactors.
“In today’s competitive talent market, organizations need to deliver engaging experiences that start with recruitment and continue as a person grows and develops their career,” Abbajay said.
See more: SAP Data Portfolio Review