Intel: In an effort to reduce energy costs, Intel undertook a research project to identify methods for becoming more energy efficient. As a result, the company decide to implement several measures, including:
- Proactively replacing older, less efficient equipment with higher-efficiency models.
- Deploying new power schemes to existing and new PCs.
- Enabling power setting reporting.
- Deploying SSDs as part of our enterprise-wide PC refresh process.
- Evaluating third-party power management software and Intel® vPro™ technology secure remote wake.
Intel also found that raising employee awareness helped reduce energy consumption.