RSA Security is a Gartner “Magic Quadrant” leader for integrated risk management, IT risk management, IT vendor risk management, business continuity management, and security information and event management (SIEM).
RAS is a large company with over 3,000 employees. Founded in 1982 in Bedford, Massachusetts, RSA was acquired by EMC Corporation in 2006 and later by Dell Technologies in 2016. In March of 2020, Dell Technologies sold RSA Security to the Symphony Technology Group.
Integrated Risk Management
Understanding, managing, and communicating risk should be viewed as an organization-wide activity that contributes to cohesive and consistent risk management practices. Archer by RSA is an integrated solution that addresses all domains of risk management.
- Automate the management of vendor relationships, service providers, and other third-party risks
- Gather and map ESG data to ensure compliance with all environmental, social, and governance programs
- Identify risks to resiliency with detailed business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Understand regulatory and compliance requirements and be sure data governance obligations are met
- Track the people, processes, and technology, that introduce operational risks
Threat Detection and Response
The NetWitness Platform offered by RSA equips security analysts with the toolset to accelerate threat detection and response.
Centralized log management using NetWitness Logs can dramatically accelerate threat detection and analysis.
- Parse log data and automatically generate reports for regulations such as HIPAA, GLBA, FFIEC, GLBA, and ISO 27002
- Create custom reports that use business context to evaluate the potential impact of threats and ultimately assist with prioritizing remediation
- Manage the retention of log data
- Run within private, public, or hybrid cloud architectures
Network Detection and Response
Centrally monitor network traffic for threats using NetWitness Network.
- Reduce alert fatigue by identifying high-priority threats and reducing false positives
- Manage administration and data analytics across entire IT environment
- Speed up network threat detection and response with in-depth network visibility
Endpoint Detection and Response
NetWitness Endpoint offers continuous behavioral monitoring of endpoints, reducing the time needed to detect, investigate, and respond to threats. RSA IoT Security Monitor is an additional subscription option that extends this endpoint monitoring functionality to the growing number of IoT devices.
User and Entity Behavior Analytics
NetWitness Detect AI is a cloud-based, easily scalable, SaaS (software-as-a-service) solution that harnesses the power of machine learning to quickly identify threats based on anomalous behaviors.
Security Orchestration and Automation
NetWitness Orchestrator is designed to streamline and accelerate incident remediation.
- Enable security teams to collaborate, reducing the time and effort required to resolve issues
- Automate remediation activities for low-risk threats
- Build a threat intelligence library with artifacts and evidence gathered over time to better leverage and understand lessons learned
Get all the benefits of SIEM without the need for complex architecture and management by opting for the throughput-based licensing model offered by NetWitness Cloud SIEM.
Identity and Access Management
RSA provides SecurID as a full-service solution to securing customer authentication.
- Provides single sign-on functionality to make authentication convenient for users and provides fewer access points to minimize attacker exploits and to support policy-based access decisions
- Add strong authentication capabilities to new or existing mobile apps using the SecurID SDK (software development kit)
- Manage role-based access control and perform access reviews easily using SecureID Governance & Lifecycle
- Support for passwordless, multi-factor, biometric, risk-based, proximity-based, and one-time password authentication options
Omnichannel Fraud Prevention
Fraud detection provides customers with a sense of security that creates a trusting relationship. With Outseer, RSA delivers a suite of anti-fraud products that can identify authentic customers.
Outseer 3-D Secure
Outseer 3-D Secure boasts having protected almost 1.2 billion transactions during 2020, with a fraud loss savings of $1.6 billion.
- Tell the difference between genuine and fraudulent transactions using the EMV 3-D Secure 2.x protocol
- Supported by a variety of devices including mobile, smart TVs, smart watches, and gaming consoles
- Give merchants full control over the user experiencing, enabling a seamless integration with existing consumer applications
- Engage over 100 different fraud indicators to evaluate the risk of each transaction
- Continually add all intelligence gathered to the Outseer Global Data Network
Outseer Fraud Manager
Outseer Fraud Manager is a centralized fraud management platform offering rules-based policy management.
- Measure transaction risk by evaluating a series of signals and behavior profiling associated with a user’s login and post-login activities
- Leverage the Outseer Global Data Network intelligence to make informed risk decisions
- Utilize profiling techniques to detect users accessing your system with new devices, IP addresses, geolocations, operating systems, or browser types
- Define thresholds and risk tolerance that aligns with business objectives
- Provide additional step-up authentication to allow users to verify their identity, including challenge questions, out-of-band authentication, biometrics, transaction signing, and multi-credential framework (MCF) and bring-your-own authentication methods
Outseer FraudAction translates intelligence into actions by combining comprehensive threat monitoring with defined takedown services.
- Identify sites used to perpetrate phishing and malware attacks
- Detect unauthorized use of applications
- Remove fraudulent social media pages
- Leverage relationships established with over 16,000 domain hosting services to quickly shut down attacks
- Maintain an intelligence feed containing cybercrime trends, including compromised cards, compromised credentials, indicators of compromise, open-source monitoring, cyber criminal assets, and executives monitoring
- Monitor detected attacks in real time using an online dashboard
Outseer Emerging Payments
Outseer Emerging Payments was launched in February 2022 to address the risks introduced by the rapid increase in buy now, pay later (BNPL) installment transactions.
- Protect against synthetic identity fraud and account enrollment fraud
- Securely deliver and enroll customers in BNPL programs
- Verify user credentials such as a driver’s license or passport
- Utilize tamper proof biometric verification
In addition, Archer offers a community for organizations looking for news, training, and support.
User Reviews of RSA
RSA’s portfolio of security solutions has been positively reviewed over the past several years.
- SecureID: 4.4 out of 5 from Gartner Peer Insights and 4.6 out of 5 from Capterra
- Archer: 4.3 out of 5 from Gartner Peer Insights and 4.2 out of 5 from Capterra
- NetWitness: 4.3 out of 5 from Gartner Peer Insights and 3.5 out of 5 from G2
RSA shows significant commitment to the IT security industry by hosting an ongoing series of cybersecurity conferences. These conferences provide educational and networking opportunities for over 45,000 attendees annually.
RSA in the Cybersecurity Market
Accurately evaluating the market share held by RSA is difficult. While SecurID holds a 0.04% of the market share —competing against identity and access management giant Microsoft Active Directory — Archer enjoys 79.5% of the market share for corporate governance and compliance tools.