Founded in 2010, KnowBe4 is a Clearwater, Florida-based software company with more than 1,300 employees that serves over 35,000 global customers. It believes that knowledge is power, pledging to create strong human firewalls through security awareness training.
Reinforced with one of the world’s largest security awareness training libraries, KnowBe4 provides interactive training using simulated social engineering attacks.
See below to learn all about where KnowBe4 stands in the cybersecurity market:
See more: The Cybersecurity Market
Security Awareness Training
- Learn from first-hand experiences and strategies provided by longtime hacker Kevin Mitnick
- Train users with the support of interactive modules, videos, games, posters, and newsletters
- Unlimited access to content library with over 1,000 items with subscription
- Content can be branded with an organization’s logo, custom graphics, and corporate colors
- Upload corporate training content to KnowBe4’s learning management system
- Monitor users with skills-based assessments and surveys
- Use templates to create custom phishing scenarios
- Implement KnowBe4’s Phish Alert add-in button, so users can forward email threats to their organization’s security team for review
- Access over 60 built-in reports to analyze testing and training results over time
- Manage users with Active Directory integration
- Provide users with helpful job aids and cheat sheets, like “20 Ways to Block Mobile Attacks” and “Social Engineering Red Flags”
PhishER is a lightweight security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) platform that helps a security team prioritize, analyze, and manage the email messages that have been reported by users as potentially malicious.
- Categorize reported messages as clean, spam, or threat
- Use PhishRIP to find and quarantine suspicious messages or those containing known threats that are still sitting in mailboxes across an organization
- Educate users using PhishFlip to turn dangerous email threats into a safe simulated phishing campaign
- Let PhishML use machine learning (ML) to better identify and assess suspicious messages automatically based on past actions
- PhishER API provides bi-directional integration with an organization’s existing security stack (SIEM, detection tools, ticketing systems, etc.)
Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program Certified (FedRAMP)
KnowBe4 is FedRAMP-authorized and able to support federal government agencies in accordance with their “Capabilities Statement.”
E-banking Customer Awareness Program (CAP)
Designed to educate customers about safe online banking in accordance with the FFIEC Internet Banking Guidance, CAP supports federal mandates and assists banks and credit unions as they document their compliance efforts.
KnowBe4 offers a large number of complimentary IT security tools:
- Phishing security test: Test up to 100 users to see what phishing schemes will tempt them
- Phishing reply test: See how many users will take the bait in a phishing email and reply to unknown emails
- Phish alert button: Let users safely forward email threats to your security team for analysis
- Second chance: Force users to confirm their certainty before taking action on a clicked link in an email message
- Social media phishing test: Identify users vulnerable to phishing attacks with tests that are designed to scrape profile information or hijack social media accounts on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Weak password test: Check your Active Directory against 10 types of weak password-related threats, reporting on the accounts that are affected (without showing their actual passwords)
- Browser password inspector: Inspect user account passwords on your network to see if there are duplications found within browser-saved passwords
- Email and password exposure tests: See if any email addresses (and their corresponding passwords) from within your organization have been identified as part of a known data breach
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) security assessment: Identify possible risks associated with your MFA
- Domain spoof test: KnowBe4 offers a one-time free service to see if hackers can spoof your domain and send emails from an account that appears legitimate
- Mail server assessment: Check to be sure your mail server is configured correctly
- Domain doppelganger tool: Identify look-alike domains and quiz your users to see if they can be fooled
- Ransomware simulator tool: Check the effectiveness of your existing network protection against faux ransomware
- USB security test: Create a test USB drive to see how your users will behave when it’s given to them
- Compliance audit readiness assessment (CARA): Create a summary of potential gaps in your cybersecurity preparedness ahead of a compliance audit
See more: Top 10 Cybersecurity Threats
KnowBe4 is eager to support their network of partners by providing sales support, training, and marketing resources, including ready-to-launch campaigns.
KnowBe4 Use Case
When Sun Chemical needed a higher level of security awareness training, they turned to KnowBe4. As a large producer of printing inks, coatings, pigments, and advanced materials, Sun Chemical felt it was important to demonstrate their commitment to preventing cyber threats and risks.
After completing the Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training, Sun Chemical learned that 19.2% of their employees were likely to click on a suspicious link, open a malicious email attachment, or obey a fraudulent request. With the assistance of KnowBe4, Sun Chemical was able to implement a series of training programs for their employees that brought this vulnerability down to 4%.
In addition to reducing the company’s security vulnerability, KnowBe4 was able to transform Sun Chemical employees into proactive users who understand and support the organization’s security team.
User Reviews of KnowBe4
It is difficult to find users critical of KnowBe4, with third-party websites reporting consistently positive reviews:
Industry Recognition of KnowBe4
KnowBe4 is no stranger to awards and industry recognition, most recently having won “Best of” awards from TrustRadius for usability, customer support, and feature set.
Beyond security-related accolades, KnowBe4 regularly finds itself listed as a great place to work and committed to equality for all employees. And with a management team with gender balance in high-power positions, KnowBe4 recently partnered with the Center for Cyber Safety and Education to offer scholarships for women.
KnowBe4 in the Cybersecurity Market
KnowBe4 is designated as a leader in the Forrester “Wave” report on security awareness and training solutions for Q1 2022.
London-based CybSafe, a smaller operation with about 50 employees, is also a leader in the “Wave” report.
KnowBe4’s “market presence” in the category is one of the largest — along with Sunnyvale, California-based Proofpoint, a strong performer, and Leesburg, Virginia-based Cofense, a contender, the report says.
See more: Top Cybersecurity Software