BOSTON – Acquia’s Drupal-based customer experience (CX) platform is looking different to enterprise users.
Acquia made updates last quarter across its three-part Open Digital Experience Platform (DXP): comprised of the newly launched Acquia Experience Platform; Acquia Cloud Platform; and Acquia Marketing Cloud, according to the company.
The updates to Acquia Open DXP were developed to help organizations efficiently assemble packaged business capabilities into new digital experiences and services for customers and employees.
The open source and “composable” architecture is set up to allow enterprise creators to build data-driven digital experiences faster and at scale as well as experiment and adapt to customer needs.
Acquia’s vision is “a world where brands can personalize everything,” said Dries Buytaert, co-founder and CTO, Acquia.
The DXP offering by Acquia is a 2021 Gartner “Magic Quadrant” leader in the DXP market.
The company has over 4,000 clients.
Acquia Experience Platform and Acquia Cloud Platform
The new Acquia Experience Platform runs in the updated Acquia Cloud Platform, a Kubernetes-native, auto-scaling cloud platform for digital experiences.
The new platform, part of the larger DXP by the company, includes several components:
- Content management system with latest capabilities from Drupal community
- Based on learnings from thousands of deployments
- Pre-built content types, roles and permissions
Acquia Site Studio
- No-code tool available within enterprise CMS
- Build websites
- Pre-set components and design templates for brand consistency
Acquia Cloud IDE
- Purpose-built development environment for Drupal
Acquia Marketing Cloud
Acquia updated the Marketing Cloud offering in its DXP to help marketers tailor campaigns to their customers through data and machine learning:
- Unified analytics: Personalization for an understanding of customers, business KPIs and performance of marketing campaigns
- Machine learning models: Customers can be segmented into multiple machine learning clusters
- Reporting enhancements: Campaign performance reporting for insights into results
- Compliance workflows: Consumer data erasure request UI and API to honor GDPR and CCPA deletion requests and confirm deletion requests were handled properly
The digital experience platform market is expected to grow from USD $7.9 billion in 2019 to USD $13.9 billion by 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12% during the period, according to a report by MarketsandMarkets.
The top geographic market driving the growth is North America, due to the “rapid adoption of advanced technologies,” the report says.
Several major factors are driving the demand by marketers: serving immediate customer needs; reducing customer churn rate; cloud-based solutions; and big data analytics.
These are some of the other top companies in the DXP market:
See more: 35 Top Open Source Companies