It is expected that by 2025 that the cost of cybercrime will be $10.5 trillion. This is a staggering number. However, companies like Fortinet exist to provide security products and services to organizations around the world.
Fortinet provides security offerings such as network security, infrastructure security, cloud security, and endpoint protection to over 500,000 customers globally. Fortinet is a leader in the cybersecurity market and is able to do this through a large portfolio.
Fortinet Cybersecurity Portfolio
- Network Security Solutions: Fortinet offers network solutions that integrate tightly with an organization’s security architecture. This allows an organization’s operations to grow without compromising the security of the network. These solutions include next-generation firewalls (NGFWs) and solutions for WAN and branch protection as well as secure web gateways and SSL inspection.
- Cloud Security Solutions: Organizations tend to use a variety of cloud services. However, these different cloud services may have different security policies. Fortinet’s cloud security solutions ensure that an adequate level of security is maintained across various cloud platforms.
- Security Operations: Fortinet uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) applications to keep up with the increasingly advanced cyberattacks that are present in today’s world.
- Zero-Trust Access: Zero trust solutions rely on continuous verification of all users and devices that access a network. Fortinet provides solutions such as multi-factor authentication and endpoint verification in order to protect customer data, reduce security system redundancy, and reduce the number of security professionals needed to be hired.
- Security-as-a-Service: Fortinet’s security-as-a-service offers users a unified solution for application, content, web, device, and user security. This service continuously assesses risks to automatically adjust the security system for both known and unknown security threats.
Small and Medium-Sized Business (SMB) Solutions
- Secure office Network: Fortinet’s secure office network solution combines a next-generation firewall (NGFW) and SD-WAN switches and access points that are built to work together that can be managed from the cloud. This results in a streamlined network that doesn’t sacrifice security and that can be scaled.
- Endpoint and Remote User Solutions: In today’s world, employees are able to work from multiple locations. This requires robust security solutions to accommodate this. Tools like multi-factor authentication and integrated VPNs facilitate this. Fortinet’s endpoint and remote user solutions stop attacks from reaching users. The client that comes with the solution is cloud-based and gives administrators a centralized management system that comes with advanced threat protection at the endpoint.
- Secure Cloud Applications and Email: Fortinet offers FortiMail which protects users from phishing and other email-based attacks. In addition, there is also FortiCASB which allows for the reduction of risk with software-as-a-service by providing policy-based oversight into users, behaviors, and data.
Fortinet provides cybersecurity providers with the tools to provide customers with security services using Fortinet’s security framework.
This model is becoming increasingly important since the demand for cybersecurity services is increasing due to the cybersecurity skills shortage.
- Managed Service Providers: There is a huge opportunity for managed service providers to cater to the cybersecurity needs of customers. However, doing this can be a bit of a challenge. Service providers must give customers the appropriate mix of services cost effectively. Fortinet provides service providers with managed security and monitoring technologies that allow them to protect their customers’ data infrastructure and users.
- Communications Service Providers: Fortinet provides communications service providers with the tools to protect their data centers and point-of-sale systems in their brick-and-mortar retail locations.
- Mobile Providers: Fortinet provides mobile providers with tools such as next-generation firewalls and the FortiWeb web application firewall to provide a robust security solution for mobile network operators. These tools let operators securely innovate in the realms of technology and services.
Partnerships With Fortinet
Fortinet runs a Fabric-Ready Partner Program that unites partners that provide customers with pre-integrated security solutions. Here are some of the ways that Fortinet facilitates this collaboration:
- APIs: Providing integration with third-party services.
- Fabric Connector: This connector allows for deep integration into customer ecosystem platforms that require automated security processes.
- DevOps Tools: A variety of security automation tools and scripts that were developed by Fortinet are made available to partners and customers.
Being a Fortinet Partner
Organizations interested in becoming a Fortinet partner can apply to do so directly on Fortinet’s website.
Fortinet’s partner program, which is called Fortinet Engage, allows partners to leverage the security solutions that Fortinet offers in order to provide cybersecurity services to customers.
Existing Fortinet Partners
Being an industry leader in providing quality cybersecurity solutions, Fortinet has collaborations with other top companies. Here are a some of the companies that Fortinet has already partnered with:
- Dell: Computers
- ABB: Robotics/Automation
- AWS: Cloud services
- ESET: Antivirus and firewall products
- Google Cloud: Cloud services
See more: Key Cybersecurity Trends 2021
Fortinet Use Cases
Fuel Distribution: ATIO
Effectively managing the fuel supply at fuel stations requires precise levels of security and Control. ATIO, a Mexican company that provides solutions for the automation and control of fuel distribution, has its ControlGAS solution at nearly 5000 service stations. They chose to use Fortinet’s Secure SD-WAN solution supported by the Fortigate next-generation firewall to create a combined networking and security solution for their customers. This lets ATIO’s customers have secure and reliable online transactions. So far, ATIO hasn’t experienced any failures and they are able to fully monitor how their Fortinet system is working.
Motorsports: BMW Motorsport
BMW Motorsport relies on the analysis of real-time performance data to produce great race results. However, to facilitate this, data has to be transferred securely between the team’s operation room and the track. To do this, BMW Motorsport uses Fortinet’s next-generation firewalls to ensure that data is handled safely. So far, there has been 100% uptime, and BMW has been able to leverage their data to improve the performance of their race cars.
Services: Americas Business Process Services
Americas Business Process Services serves over 50 clients, and they have over 500 collaborators that handle projects in Colombia and in several other Latin American countries. There has been a strong demand for business process services, which has driven the growth of the company. They are able to provide their customers with the services they need, such as telephone and digital media support, and are able to do so effectively and securely through the Fortinet Security Fabric platform. This platform offers Americas Business Process Services the security and level of performance they need to ensure their customers can function effectively even if they are working remotely.
User Reviews of Fortinet
The quality of Fortinet’s cybersecurity offerings is reflected in their strong customer reviews.
Gartner Peer Insights: 4.6/5
Fortinet is a top cybersecurity provider and has been awarded several awards to show this. Here are a few of Fortinet’s accolades:
- Channel Awards 2021: Best Security Vendor
- 2020 Frost & Sullivan: Network Security Provider Company of the Year in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Channel Awards 2020: Best Security Vendor
- 18th Star Nite Awards 2019: Best enterprise network firewall of 2019
- 2019 MEF Awards: MEF 3.0 Proof of Concept Award for Security Assurance in SD-WAN and Cloud Service Implementation