Seagate and Pure Storage are two storage hardware and software leaders that help customers store and manage their growing volumes of data.
Data is vital to organizations of all sizes and industries and having the right storage solutions is crucial to staying competitive and keeping data scalable and secure.
See below how Seagate and Pure Storage compare against each other in the storage market:
Seagate vs. Pure Storage: Portfolio
Seagate offers a diverse portfolio for data storage and management, including their Lyve Cloud Archive and Lyve Managed Migration Services.
Seagate assists companies with storage services designed for multicloud, secondary data, and intelligent object storage hardware and software.
Pure Storage’s broad portfolio includes services for the education niche, including Pure Professional Education and Knowledge to enable organizations in the education sector to acquire and manage data.
Pure Storage focuses on maximizing storage uptime, streamlining deployments, and ensuring data systems are updated.
The company can also help customers increase their return on investment (ROI) on IT investments through a range of Pure professional services around storage.
Seagate vs. Pure Storage: Partners
Seagate offers three distinct ways for companies seeking to become a partner:
- Partner Program: prioritizes partner success by providing market support and informative industrial training. This is the most common program among companies looking to become a partner with the organization.
- Tech Alliance Program: specially curated to help independent vendors in multiple aspects, like marketing and testing, through leveraging Seagate’s portfolio.
- Seagate Direct: offers customers a platform to acquire direct access to many exclusive programs and various self-service tools according to their requirements. Suppliers can join this program as well.
Pure Storage enables companies to partner with the company in several ways.
- Channel Partners: leverages innovation to help customers acquire better results.
- Global System Integrators: provides customers with an edge over their competitors with storage solutions to minimize risks.
- Managed Service Providers (MSPs): operate alongside Pure Storage to offer premium cloud migration services, tapping regional and global MSP expertise to assist customers with time management and resources.
- Technology Alliance Partners: join the company in partnership to offer storage solutions that lower deployment risk and consist of top hardware, software, and multicloud vendors.
Seagate vs. Pure Storage: Use cases
Terradepth is a platform that assists companies with online ocean-oriented data. This data is collected by employing submersible vehicles. For this, the company heavily depends on 96 TB Lyve Mobile Arrays to accumulate vast amounts of data. The company was facing an issue transferring authentic data to customers via autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs). They needed a reliable solution that could operate in severe environmental conditions. Here’s where Seagate’s Lyve Mobile Array came in and assisted with data logistics.
One of Vancouver, British Columbia’s animation studios was overwhelmed by the vast amount of data flooding in from onboarding bigger projects. The studio was seeking a storage solution that could offer them the flexibility to resolve challenges. For starters, the company was relying on a consumer-grade storage system and couldn’t depend on it for long. Seagate’s Exos X 5U84 RAID array proved to be a storage game-changer for the company because of its raw capacity.
Sync.com is a cloud service provider offering customers privacy and protection. An increase in demands from various customers put pressure on the company’s storage infrastructure. The company needed to increase their storage capacity and that’s when they implemented Seagate’s Exos E storage system. Seagate’s intact storage architecture assisted the company with the reliability required to continue offering data privacy and protection.
Meta’s RSC is among the world’s fastest supercomputers using artificial intelligence (AI). The company required a storage solution capable of managing petabytes of data. Pure Storage understood Meta’s requirements and provided them with a solution that supports next-generation AI and offers reliable flash performance.
Roblox is a vast gaming platform that uses Portworx to assist with container-based services. The company faced several challenges while ensuring the safety of user data. Pure Storage offers Roblox additional storage, enabling the company to invest their resources, time, and money on more vital matters.
Seagate vs. Pure Storage: User reviews
Users at Gartner Peers Reviews give Pure Storage a bit higher ratings, and there aren’t user ratings for Seagate at two other major review sites.
|Gartner Peer Reviews||4.4 out of 5||–|
|TrustRadius||–||9.5 out of 10|
|G2||–||4.3 out of 5|
Seagate vs. Pure Storage: Recognition
As key players in data storage, Seagate and Pure Storage have garnered multiple awards showing their expertise in the market:
- Manufacturing Leadership Award from a jury of peers
- National Association of Manufacturers honor, for an AI solution
- Manufacturing Leadership Award for AI Analytics, first place
- Annual Report Card Award by CRN, 2022, first position, score of 86.9
- “25 Most Influential Executives” by CRN, 2022
- “Customer’s Choice,” Gartner Peer Insights
Seagate vs. Pure Storage: Overall
Pure Storage is a go-to storage provider for many companies due to their multitude of services. These services include technical and professional services and tailored solutions, such as for the education sector.
Seagate’s portfolio offers a range of use cases, and some of their focus is on multicloud object storage and edge-to-cloud services.
Both Seagate and Pure Storage are leaders in storing and managing data. However, the edge overall appears to go to Pure.