Okta is a top provider of identity management solutions in the cybersecurity market.
Okta, founded in 2009, employs over 3,800 professionals around the world and serves more than 13,000 clients from 70 different countries.
The company reported revenue of $835 million in FY21, a 43% year-over-year increase.
See below to learn about Okta and where it stands in the overall cybersecurity market:
Okta Cybersecurity Portfolio
The SSO identity authentication tool allows users to access multiple platforms, applications, and services using a single login procedure.
- Includes over 7,000 pre-built integrations
- Provides centralized control and monitoring
- Compatible with various security policies
- Enables real-time auditing and compliance assurance
A registry that allows users to keep and access an unlimited number of users and attributes from various platforms, applications, and systems.
- A single-view feature that automatically combines all user identities
- Streamlined password management
- Cloud and on-premises compatibility
- Custom security policies for different user groups
Advanced server access
The ASA application manages multi-cloud and hybrid infrastructures and user access to Microsoft Windows and Linux servers.
- Centralized access to the cloud with SSO
- DevOps integration to streamline automation and minimize technical difficulties
- Consistent audit logs for meeting compliance requirements
- SSH and RDP protocols security
API access management
The application allows customers to use Okta’s security services to protect their APIs with reliable identity authentication and SSO.
- Modern protection against API breaches
- Centralized control and management center
- OAuth-as-a-Service compatibility
The authentication-as-a-service offering ensures a more streamlined and reliable identity verification process for system users.
- Multi-factor authentication compatibility
- Passwordless authentication
- System monitoring with real-time Syslog and pre-built reporting
- Threat interception with Okta Integration Network
A centralized platform to collect, store, and manage user profiles to customize their experience accordingly.
- Scalable and cloud-based
- Self-registration and profiling features
- Flexible data importing and exporting capabilities for migration
Okta offers specialized integration solutions for working with B2B clients, partners, and vendors for seamless and continuous connection and communication.
- Unified view and security per client and vendor
- Built-in user life cycle tracking and reporting tools
- Task delegation to customers, assigned admins, and end users
The MFA offerings help secure employee and customer accounts from credential theft and fraud.
- Proactive security with automated IP address blocking
- Varying levels of identity authentication depending on risk levels
- User self-service with MFA resetting
- Complying with varying levels of security regulations
Life cycle management
A cloud-based identity life cycle automation solution. It aims to increase IT processes efficiency and streamline platform and application access.
- No-code platform customization
- Streamlined security audits
- Automated and secure deprovisioning
A cybersecurity solution for accessing on-premises applications and systems.
- Centralized access management
- Securing on-premises apps with MFA and SSO
- Reduced infrastructure needs
- Identity attacks prevention with Okta intelligent security
See more: Key Cybersecurity Trends 2021
Okta partner programs
Okta Partner Connect is how Okta helps third-party organizations better serve their clients.
The partnership ecosystem consists of five main types of business partners:
- Managed service provider (MSP)
- Global systems integrator
- Technology partner
- Solution providers
Okta use case
Okta helped FedEx optimize their cybersecurity strategy.
Due to the nature of FedEx’s business, handling millions of people’s shipments on a daily basis, security is of utmost importance.
“It was a whack-a-mole game, from a security perspective,” says Pat O’ Neil, a cybersecurity fellow at FedEx.
“Each one of those separate IAM solutions was an opportunity to get the configuration wrong.”
With the help of Okta’s experts, the FedEx cybersecurity team reviewed the company’s identity and access management (IAM) infrastructure and was able to simplify the sign-in process and convert it to a zero-trust security model.
User reviews of Okta
Okta Identity Cloud has positive reviews from multiple third-party user review websites.
TrustRadius: 8.9 out of 10
Gartner Peer Insights: 4.6 out of 5
Capterra: 4.7 out of 5
It was also awarded both Top Rated and True awards in 2021 by TrustRadius.
Overall, many users praise Okta cybersecurity products for their ease of use and ingenuity.
Some users mention a couple cons as the occasional delay in critical notifications and difficulty accessing an account through a different device.
Okta Cloud Identity is recognized as an market leader by G2 in their 2021 “Grid Report for Single Sing-on.”
Additionally, Okta ranks in the top three in Gartner’s 2020 “Magic Quadrant for Access Management.”
Okta in the market
Okta’s share of the access management market has climbed to an estimated 27%.
Subsequently, the company expects their 2022 revenue to reach about $1.08 billion, a 29% year-over-year increase.