Barracuda Networks is a global tech enterprise that offers cybersecurity, application delivery, and data management solutions to its customers.
The company’s stated goal is to build enterprise and cloud-first security solutions that emphasize safer business practices and ease of use for customers. Barracuda Networks has over 200,000 customers and over 5,000 channel partners.
Barracuda’s cybersecurity portfolio is particularly extensive, with users relying on Barracuda for security needs ranging from email security to firewall management. Their email solutions have garnered them high praise from users and industry recognition on multiple occasions.
See below for a full review of Barracuda and how they differentiate themselves in the cybersecurity market:
A Closer Look at Barracuda Cybersecurity
Also read: Cybersecurity Market
The Barracuda solutions portfolio covers four main categories: email protection, application and cloud security, network security, and data protection.
Learn about each of those categories here:
- Email Protection: email security with threat prevention, automated incident response, and data protection
- Email Threat Scanner: artificial intelligence (AI)-powered threat scanning for email inboxes
- Email Security Gateway: cloud-powered gateway for antivirus, anti-spam, and anti-malware
- Message Archiver: support for data discovery and regulatory compliance
- PST Enterprise: support for managing Microsoft Outlook PST files
Application and cloud security
- Cloud Application Protection: security for websites and applications
- WAF-as-a-Service: managed web application firewall (WAF) and web application protection
- Web Application Firewall: firewall protection for websites and applications
- Cloud Security Guardian: visibility, continuous compliance, and automated vulnerability remediation in the cloud
- Load Balancer ADC: website and application performance management
- Vulnerability Manager: application vulnerability detection and remediation
- CloudGen WAN: secure software-defined wide-area network (SD-WAN) service on Azure
- CloudGen Firewall: an advanced next-generation firewall
- CloudGen Access: zero-trust access enablement and strategy
- Firewall Insights: security analytics for CloudGen Firewall deployments
- Web Security Gateway: web security with content, malware, and app threat filtering
- Content Shield: safer enterprise web browsing with administrative management
- Firewall Control Center: centralized management platform for CloudGen Firewall deployments
- Backup: infrastructure-agnostic data backup and management
- Data Inspector: Microsoft Office 365-focused data scanning
Learn more about the network security market.
Barracuda works with over 5,000 partners all over the world across three major categories: Channel Partners, MSP Partners, and Technology Partners. The company has also built more substantial relationships with Microsoft, AWS, and Google Cloud through its Alliance Partners program.
Here’s a sampling of their partners across these categories:
Microsoft, AWS, and Google Cloud
Archive360, Avira, CA Technologies, IBM, LogRhythm, Ontrack, Perception Point, RSA, Splunk, Sumo Logic, VMware, Steinwurf, MultiAppliance, SCADAfence, Macmon, Rhebo, Rohde & Schwarz, Tufin, Crosser
MSP technology partners
Autotask, Avast, ConnectWise, GFI Software, Infrascale, Islonline, Ivanti, Kaseya
Superhub, GPK Group
Learn about another top cybersecurity provider and product: Cisco ISE Product Review
Many enterprises rely on Barracuda for its award-winning email security solutions, but the company supports several other enterprise security use cases, such as software-as-a-service (SaaS) and on-premises deployment support, real-time security insights and dashboards, and zero-trust strategy development. Barracuda offers enterprise security solutions that can work across a variety of industries, but their core industry verticals are health care, retail, financial services, education, and government.
Learn how a pair of organizations used Barracuda solutions to manage their specific security use cases:
“We’re quite confident that Microsoft’s built-in security and data protection features are robust and dependable. However, we wanted to have a separate backup solution capable of fast, granular data restores and with unlimited data storage and retention — a ‘belt and braces’ approach just to be completely secure. … Cloud-to-Cloud Backup makes it very easy to find and restore individual files in a very granular way. And it’s just as simple to restore entire mailboxes, for instance, if an employee leaves and later returns.” -Ian Towner, infrastructure services technical lead for the City of York, review of Barracuda Cloud-to-Cloud Backup
“It really allows you to make more informed decisions and drill down into more things. … With just a few clicks the offending phishing messages could be removed from inboxes and replaced with a default message before users could open them. … Hand on heart, I can say Barracuda Total Email Protection has cut down investigation time for any issues dramatically. It’s so easy to navigate the dashboard and remediate any issues. It’s the difference between taking 2-3 days versus a couple of hours to get to the bottom of an issue.” -Alister MacKinnon, group IT infrastructure manager for Parkmead Group, review of Barracuda Total Email Protection
Two of the most commonly used cybersecurity solutions Barracuda provides are their Email Security Gateway and Backup. Learn how users rate these two products across major tech review sites:
Barracuda Email Security Gateway
|Gartner Peer Insights||4.4/5|
|Gartner Peer Insights||4.4/5|
Since the company’s founding in 2003, Barracuda Networks has received a variety of industry, partner, and workplace awards.
Some of its most significant and recent recognitions include the following:
- SE Labs Best Email Security Service 2021
- Finalist for 2021 Microsoft Partner of the Year
- Leader in Forrester “Wave” for enterprise email security, Q2 2021
- 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Email Security
- Honored by Comparably for Best Company Culture in 2021
The cybersecurity market reached a value of $179.96 billion in 2021 and is estimated to more than double to $372.04 billion by 2028, according to Grand View Research.
The field continues to grow, with some providers offering more comprehensive security suites and others leaning heavily into specialized security use cases.
These are some of the top cybersecurity companies in the market today:
- Palo Alto Networks
- Barracuda Networks
- Trend Micro
- Broadcom Symantec
Read next: Top Cloud Security Companies & Solutions