Here are the 50 best iPad apps for business and productivity -- many of which are free.
1) 2 Screens ($4.99): A fantastic presentation tool, 2 Screens lets you mirror your iPad's display on a larger screen, or show material on your iPad using your iPhone as a remote (with the 2 Screens Remote app).
2) Air Sharing HD ($9.99): Always have the documents you need. Air Sharing HD lets you mount your iPad with your computer wirelessly, so you can load your files. It also prints most document formats.
3) AudioNote ($4.99): AudioNote combines written notes and audio notes, letting you write notes on the screen while recording a synchronized audio track. Play back just the sections you need to review.
4) Box.net (Free): Sign up for a free Box.net account to get 1GB of cloud storage, then use this app to access your files anytime, anywhere. You can even share files and folders with other people.
5) Documents 2 Free (Free): This free ad-sponsored version of the Documents 2 suite lets you transfer, view, and edit office documents on-the-go.
6) Documents to Go Premium ($14.99): This popular office suite lets you edit, create, and preview Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files, and also sync files with your desktop.
Facetime iPad App
7) Dragon Dictation (Free): One of the best iPad app deals going, Dragon Dictation lets you use the world's best voice recognition software on your tablet for free. Dictate messages and documents far faster than you could type them.
8) FileApp (Free): Use this app to store files wirelessly on your iPad then open all popular types of image, document, audio, and video files.
9) FTP on the Go ($9.99): Get all of the features of a desktop FTP client with this app. You can use it to download, edit, and upload documents.
10) IdeaWallets ($5.99): This creativity-boosting app lets you capture ideas, review them in a graphic form, and develop new ones.
11) iManage WorkSite Mobility (Free): Use this to access your company's WorkSite document and e-mail server from anywhere, then download and view the documents you need.
12) Job Search XL (Free): Sometimes your main job is looking for a new job. Load this powerful job search engine on your iPad to keep up the hunt wherever you go.
13) Jump Desktop ($19.99): This app lets you work from anywhere by letting you control your Windows computer through your iPad.
14) MicroStrategy Mobile for iPad (Free): Dive into your data with this graphically rich data analysis, reporting, and graphing app. View existing MicroStrategy reports and use gestures to interact with your data.
Dragon Dictation iPad App
15) MightyMeeting (Free): PowerPoint warriors, you need this app. It lets you manage an online library of PowerPoint presentations and show them on a connected projector.
16) mwSales (Free): This mobile sales tool lets you gather data while visiting customers. Track sales quotes, update lead information, and manage sales teams remotely.
17) PDF Reader Pro Edition for iPad ($3.99): If you typically work with PDFs, you'll love this PDF power tool. Download attachments, open password-protected PDFs, and e-mail PDFs directly from the app.
One of the ways around the issues of security and control that make some businesses wary of cloud computing is to build a private cloud -- one that remains within the corporate firewall and is wholly controlled internally. Private clouds also increase the agility of IT an organization's IT infrastructure and make it easier to roll out new technology projects. Download this eBook to get the facts behind the private cloud and learn how your organization can get started.