We're undecided, so we're presenting this list of iPad apps that offers the best of both worlds.
Go straight to iPad Apps: Play
Air Sharing HD
1) Air Sharing HD ($9.99): You can't get work done if you don't have your files. Air Sharing HD lets you wirelessly mount your iPad and load all your documents.
2) Air Sketch ($4.99): Sometimes you need a picture to communicate your ideas. This digital sketchpad lets you record and share your concepts.
3) Audio Note ($4.99): This app not only records and syncs all your audio sessions, but also creates an index so you can review old files quickly.
4) Clients ($2.99): Managing clients is a challenge, but not when you've got this app. Use it to keep track of client information and related to-dos.
5) Credit Card Terminal ($14.99): A must for the small businessperson: this app lets you accept credit card payments on your iPad.
6) Direct Report ($4.99): If you have to supervise and evaluate employees, get this app. It lets you take quick notes on performance, which you can use in your annual evaluations.
7) Documents to Go Premium ($14.99): It's simply the best office suite available for the iPad. Work on documents and spreadsheets as you would on your desktop computer.
8) Dragon Dictation (Free): Some people will never warm up to typing on a virtual keyboard. Luckily, this excellent voice recognition app is free.
9) Easy Chart HD ($.99): Create great-looking bar, line, pie, and sidebar charts, then upload them to Facebook or Twitter.
10) FileMaker Go ($39.99): Expensive, but this powerful database app is worth it. Access your existing files and modify then while you're away from the office.
11) iTeleprompter 2.0 ($4.99): If you're shooting video, getting a teleprompter used to be an expensive proposition. Now you can have a customizable, fully-featured one right on your iPad.
12) Jump Desktop ($19.99): Windows users are crazy about this app, which lets them control their desktop computers from their iPad.
13) Margin Analysis Pro ($.99): Don't wonder about pricing. Margin Analysis Pro computers profit, margin, and price for a desired margin.
14) Mariner Calc ($5.99): This is the financial calculator your iPad has been missing. Use it to edit Excel files using math, finance, trig, and statistics functions.
15) Meeting Mate ($2.99): Keep track of your meetings and run them from one app. It lets you keep notes for each meeting and e-mail your notes.
16) Office2 HD ($7.99): This office mini-suite lets you edit Word and Excel files, and integrates with Google Docs and MobileMe iDisk.
17) PrintCentral ($9.99): Until the iPad supports printing (and we hope that's coming soon), there's PrintCentral. It's a must if you're doing real work.
One of the ways around the issues of security and control that make some businesses wary of cloud computing is to build a private cloud -- one that remains within the corporate firewall and is wholly controlled internally. Private clouds also increase the agility of IT an organization's IT infrastructure and make it easier to roll out new technology projects. Download this eBook to get the facts behind the private cloud and learn how your organization can get started.