These four cloud computing startups have a interesting perspective: each has recently launched a business based on where it thinks the cloud sector is headed. And each has deep-pocketed investors who are willing to support their vision. Blue Jeans Network has raised $99 million; Bitglass, $10 million; Skyhigh Networks, $27 million; CloudPhysics, $13 million. This video roundtable will enable each of these cloud visionaries to speak about their business -- and in the process, reveal where many industry experts and investors are betting the cloud is headed.
|Stu Aaron, Chief Commercial Officer, Blue Jeans Network.
|John Blumenthal, CEO, CloudPhysics.|
|Rich Campagna, VP of Products, Bitglass.|
|Kaushik Narayan, Co-Founder and Chief Architect, Skyhigh Networks.|
1) (3:20 – 11:09) What are the developing trends in terms of cloud usage? In particular, what about the blurry line between personal and business cloud?
2) (11:10 – 21:25) Security and the cloud: Is the cloud really safer than an in-house deployment?
3) (21:31 – 27:56 ) What will be the motivators that drive businesses to the cloud in the future?
4) (27:57 – 31:38) Cloud is not necessarily less expensive: discussion.
5) (31:40 – 43:44) The future of cloud computing: where are we headed?