And now, sharpen your virtual pencils and let's begin.
(Oh, and please dont visit the answers page until youre through with your quiz.)
1) Which company is the No. 1 server vendor in terms of market share and sales?
A) IBM B) HP C) Sun D) Dell E) Fast Eddie's Server Hut
2) Sales in the PC industry are pretty much flat, right? A) Yes. Sales are strong but the growth aint what it used to be. B) PC sales are expected to grow by a respectable 3-5 percent this year. C) PC sales are robust, with a forecast of double digit growth. D) Surprising all analysts, PC sales are actually trending down.
3) Whats the average salary for U.S. tech workers?
1) $56,400 2) $73,308 3) $86, 515 4) Whatever Bill Gates makes, divided by a million.
4) When it comes to broadband speeds, the U.S. is the top of the heap, right? A) Yup, we rock at top speed! B) Well, were near the top right behind those speed demons the Canadians. C) The U.S. average broadband speed lags almost every industrialized nation. D) Dude, whats broadband?
5) IBM employed about 3,000 people in India in 2002. Whats the number today?
A) 14,000 B) 38,000 C) 53,000 D) 78,000
6) Instant messaging is on the rise as an enterprise communication tool. By what year is IM projected to be the de facto communication tool among 95 percent of employees?
A) 2009 B) 2013 C) 2017 D) As soon as todays 15-year-olds take over, all forms of communication except IM will be banned. Anyone who writes a complete sentence will be summarily fired.
7) Google accounts for what percentage of U.S.-based Internet searches?
A) 54.9 percent B) 62.7 percent C) 81.4 percent D) All of them. Google rules the world. All hail our Google overlord.
8) The virtualization services market is, by all accounts, enjoying major growth. Valued at $5.5 billion in 2006, it is expected to grow how large by 2011?
A) $8.1 billion B) $11.7 billion C) $14 billion D) Its actually expected to shrink by 2011 E) Its all to virtual to really know