Job Title: Information Technology Manager
2012 average salary range: $91,000 – $130,750.
• The 2012 salary range is an increase of 3.0% over this job’s 2011 salary range, which was $88,250 – $127,000.
• The 2011 salary range is an increase of 2.5% over this job’s 2010 salary range, which was $85,750 – $124,250.
• The 2010 salary range was a decrease of 2.4% under this job’s 2009 salary range, which was $88,750 – $126,500.
• The 2009 salary range was an increase of 3.1% over this job’s 2008 salary range, which was $86,750 – $122,000.
Note: Since these numbers are national averages, adjust them based on your city or region.
IT Salary levels are – approximately – 10% to 30% higher in the Northeast; about average in the South Atlantic (Florida to Delaware); average to modestly lower in the Midwest, Mountain west, and South; and 5% to 30% higher on the West coast.
IT salaries in major metropolitan areas are higher than the national average. For instance, in the following cities they are:
• Atlanta: 5% higher
• Boston: 32% higher
• Chicago: 23% higher
• Dallas/Houston: 3-5% higher
• Irvine: 24% higher
• Los Angeles: 24% higher
• Miami/Fort Lauderdale: 7% higher
• New York, NY: 41% higher
• Philadelphia: 15% higher • San Diego: 15% higher
• San Francisco: 35% higher
• San Jose: 33% higher
• Seattle: 19% higher
• Stamford: 31% higher
• Washington, DC: 30% higher
More IT Salary Resources:
• Search for IT Jobs at JustTechjobs.com
Salary data courtesy of Robert Half Technology. To request a copy of the complete Robert Half Salary Guide, which includes salary ranges for more than 60 different job titles, in the U.S. and Canada, click here.
One of the ways around the issues of security and control that make some businesses wary of cloud computing is to build a private cloud -- one that remains within the corporate firewall and is wholly controlled internally. Private clouds also increase the agility of IT an organization's IT infrastructure and make it easier to roll out new technology projects. Download this eBook to get the facts behind the private cloud and learn how your organization can get started.