CSO: A new IDC report funded by Unisys finds that while enterprise IT departments are aware of the phenomenon of the consumerization of IT, they aren't well prepared to handle it. Key findings from the report include the following:
- 40 percent of the devices used to access business apps are employee-owned.
- 53 percent of employees said mobile devices are their most critical devices for doing work.
- 69 percent of employees say that they use personal devices for work.
- 34 percent of IT executives say employees use personal devices for work.
- Although mobile device usage has increased, IT departments indicated that they are doing less to secure those devices than they did last year.