Download the authoritative guide: Cloud Computing 2018: Using the Cloud to Transform Your Business
InfoWorld: A new report from Verizon finds that hacktivists were responsible for the theft of 58 percent of all digital records stolen in 2011. Other key findings included the following:
- Outsiders committed 98 percent of data breaches.
- 70 percent of breaches originated in eastern Europe.
- 97 percent of data thefts could have been prevented with basic security precautions.
- 85 percent of victimized organizations didn't learn of the data breach for weeks or months.
- 92 percent of victimized organizations learned about the data breach from a third party.