TechCrunch: A three-month audit by the Office of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (DPC) has determined that Facebook does comply with EU privacy regulations. However, the DPC made 45 recommendations that Facebook says it will implement. Some of the changes the social network has agreed to make include the following:
- Making it easier to find the company's privacy and data use policy.
- Explaining to EU users how the facial recognition works.
- Setting new limits on how long the company will keep certain types of data.
- Letting users delete more kinds of information.
- Making sure the privacy links for third-party apps are working.