Download the authoritative guide: Cloud Computing 2018: Using the Cloud to Transform Your Business
- "Windows 95 was certainly the biggest thing in the last 20 years until now. I think Windows 8 certainly surpasses it."
- "Screaming loudly doesn't work very well in our industry. It really matters whether the product fundamentally captures people's imagination, and then you tell the story well around that."
- On Surface pricing: "We haven't announced pricing. I think we have a very competitive product from the features perspective. ... I think most people would tell you that the iPad is not a superexpensive device. ... (When) people offer cheaper, they do less. They look less good, they're chintzier, they're cheaper."
- "I think Google is just another big company at this stage."
- "I think when you look forward, our core capability will be software, (but) you'll probably think of us more as a devices-and-services company. ... Doesn't mean we have to make every device. I don't want you to leap to that conclusion. We'll have partners who make devices with our software in it and our services built in."