Download the authoritative guide: Cloud Computing 2019: Using the Cloud for Competitive Advantage
Here are the 50 best iPad apps for business and productivity -- many of which are free.
1) 2 Screens ($4.99): A fantastic presentation tool, 2 Screens lets you mirror your iPad's display on a larger screen, or show material on your iPad using your iPhone as a remote (with the 2 Screens Remote app).
3) AudioNote ($4.99): AudioNote combines written notes and audio notes, letting you write notes on the screen while recording a synchronized audio track. Play back just the sections you need to review.
4) Box.net (Free): Sign up for a free Box.net account to get 1GB of cloud storage, then use this app to access your files anytime, anywhere. You can even share files and folders with other people.
5) Documents 2 Free (Free): This free ad-sponsored version of the Documents 2 suite lets you transfer, view, and edit office documents on-the-go.
6) Documents to Go Premium ($14.99): This popular office suite lets you edit, create, and preview Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files, and also sync files with your desktop.
Facetime iPad App
7) Dragon Dictation (Free): One of the best iPad app deals going, Dragon Dictation lets you use the world's best voice recognition software on your tablet for free. Dictate messages and documents far faster than you could type them.
8) FileApp (Free): Use this app to store files wirelessly on your iPad then open all popular types of image, document, audio, and video files.
9) FTP on the Go ($9.99): Get all of the features of a desktop FTP client with this app. You can use it to download, edit, and upload documents.
10) IdeaWallets ($5.99): This creativity-boosting app lets you capture ideas, review them in a graphic form, and develop new ones.
11) iManage WorkSite Mobility (Free): Use this to access your company's WorkSite document and e-mail server from anywhere, then download and view the documents you need.
12) Job Search XL (Free): Sometimes your main job is looking for a new job. Load this powerful job search engine on your iPad to keep up the hunt wherever you go.
13) Jump Desktop ($19.99): This app lets you work from anywhere by letting you control your Windows computer through your iPad.
14) MicroStrategy Mobile for iPad (Free): Dive into your data with this graphically rich data analysis, reporting, and graphing app. View existing MicroStrategy reports and use gestures to interact with your data.
Dragon Dictation iPad App
15) MightyMeeting (Free): PowerPoint warriors, you need this app. It lets you manage an online library of PowerPoint presentations and show them on a connected projector.
16) mwSales (Free): This mobile sales tool lets you gather data while visiting customers. Track sales quotes, update lead information, and manage sales teams remotely.
17) PDF Reader Pro Edition for iPad ($3.99): If you typically work with PDFs, you'll love this PDF power tool. Download attachments, open password-protected PDFs, and e-mail PDFs directly from the app.
19) Quickoffice Connect Mobile Suite ($14.99): For true office work, this is the first app you should buy. Work with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files and access popular remote storage providers.
20) ReaddleDocs for iPad ($4.99): This document workhorse lets you copy files, read Office documents, save e-mail attachments, and share files with co-workers.
21) Sales Beaver (Free): Outside sales reps need serious contact tools, and Sales Beaver helps teams follow up with customers and reduce their workload.
22) SendStuffNow (Free): This app ties into the free SendStuffNow secure cloud delivery service, letting you share files from your iPad.
23) SG Project ($9.99): Manage multiple projects with this app, creating tasks with start and end dates. You can also group child tasks under parent tasks and export to PDF.
24) Task Pro ($1.99): This is the powerful task manager than a professional needs. It offers full sub-task support and includes a calendar view.
25) WebEx for iPad (Free): Don't fly for meetings, just get WebEx for iPad. This app lets you attend WebEx meetings right from your tablet, with synchronized video and audio.
Readle Docs iPad App
26) Bento for iPad ($4.99): This is a database app for non-database people. It comes with 25 templates that can be customized to manage any type of information.
27) Chronolite (Free): The iPad comes with a stopwatch, but it doesn't come with multiples of them. Chronolite lets you create four timers that can each be used separately.
28) DailyNotes ($4.99): Make note taking easier with DailyNotes. This app offers an attractive tabbed interface where you can break notes into categories.
29) Dropbox (Free): Create a free Dropbox account and then use this app to synchronize your files or share files across computers. You can also use it to view photos, videos, documents, and presentations.
30) Evernote (Free): Never forget a great idea with Evernote. Use it to capture text, photo, and audio notes.
31) Feeddler RSS Reader (Free): If you follow RSS feeds, this is the app you need to manage and view all your feeds.
Bento iPad App
32) Filer ($3.99): Using an iPad doesnt mean you don't want access to your files. Use Filer to manage, view, and share files on-the-go.
33) Freelancer for iPad (Free): For all those without a steady paycheck, this app helps you search for new projects, bid on projects, and keep track of payments.
34) iBrainstorm (Free): This multi-device collaboration app lets you sketch out ideas, add notes, then work with colleagues.
35) iCardSort (Free): An unusual brainstorming app, iCardSort asks you to record your options on a card and then move those cards around to explore different possibilities.
36) Keynote ($9.99): Control Apple's graphically rich presentation program right on your iPad. Use it to create and show stunning-looking presentations. It can even open PowerPoint files.
37) Manage ($2.99): Just because you're working with a tablet computer doesn't mean you want it to look that way. Manage has the look of an attractive leather folio. Use it to view tasks, sort them, and highlight urgent jobs.
38) MobileMe iDisk (Free): For Apple MobileMe subscribers, this free app is an essential. Use it to access files from your cloud-based iDisk and easily share them.
39) Note Taker HD ($4.99): Get the power of a digital assistant with the personality of a pen. Note Taker HD lets you write handwritten notes and store pages in a thumbnail view.
40) Numbers ($9.99): Apple's spreadsheet program doesn't just add columns of numbers; it creates eye-catching charts and now it works on the iPad.
41) OmniFocus for iPad ($39.99): Users are crazy for this in-depth task management app. It offers quick entry, the ability to organize tasks into projects and folders, and cloud synchronization with the OmniFocus desktop app.
42) Outliner for iPad ($4.99): Use this task manager to create a to-do or track a project. You can share your outlines, edit them, and collaborate with other Outliner users.
43) Pages ($9.99): Apple's in-house word processor, which is even more a desktop publishing program, looks great on the iPad. Use it to write docs and create great layouts.
44) Penultimate ($2.99): Don't type, write as you normally would. This notes app lets you write notes and draw sketches.
Keypad iPad App
45) Side by Side ($.99): With all that screen real estate, why not divide it in two? This app splits your screen so you can do two things at once, like read and take notes.
46) Springpad (Free): Don't forget those precious ideas. Springpad lets you save notes quickly, then organizes them for you.
47) Team Viewer HD (Free): When used with the TeamViewer desktop application, this app lets you remotely access unattended computers.
48) Things for iPad ($19.99): This perfectly intuitive task manager lets you manage to-dos, notes, and projects. When used with the desktop version, you can sync your list between your computer and iPad.
49) TouchCalc (Free): This powerful calculator offers a scientific mode, a bit/integer mode, and a statistics mode. Color-coded keys make it easy to find your way around.
50) TouchDraw ($4.99): Create professional visuals with this vector drawing app which lets you use shape and freehand tools to create and edit drawings.