| John Brighton |
Title: Corporate CIO
Company: Aetna Inc.
- 1994-1996, CIO, U.S. Healthcare Inc., Blue Bell, Pa.
- 1984-1994, CIO, Bell Atlantic Enterprises, Philadelphia; and vice president, Bell Atlantic Network Services, Arlington, Va.
- 1982-1984, CIO, Hapag-Lloyd Inc., New York
- 1977-1982, vice president IT, General Electric Environmental Services Inc., Lebanon, Pa.
- ENTHUSIASM: Enjoy what you do. An "up" enthusiastic attitude influences performance and is contagious.
- COMMITMENT: Commit to excellence in everything you do. Follow the "Shadow of the Leader" concept, your actions speak louder than your words.
- EDUCATION: Never stop learning. Take every opportunity to educate yourself. Manage your own development.
- BALANCE: Remember your priorities. A balance between your commitments at work and your responsibilities at home is important. When you ignore either, you will loose both.