A Guide for Understanding Cloud Computing
Although the definition of cloud computing is a little fuzzy, the goal is clear: "to make a dramatic improvement in the cost effective, elastic provisioning of IT services."
Posted January 22, 2010
BlueCoat: This white paper from Blue Coat attempts to do the following:
- "Describe a set of characteristics that are typically associated with a cloud
- "Define what is currently meant by private, public and hybrid cloud computing
solutions and describe how those definitions are likely to change over time.
- "Identify the potential cost savings and other benefits that are associated with
- "Describe the three primary classes of public cloud computing: Software-as-a-
Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service.
- "Provide multiple examples of each class of public cloud computing, along with
representative pricing and service level agreements."
It also explains how BlueCoat products and services can contribute to a cloud computing environment.