2. Startup Manager Get control over the Windows startup process. Startup Manager lets you decide which programs load at Startuppotentially speeding up the process.
3. HDGraph Wondering how in the world you managed to fill up 80GB worth of hard drive space? HD Graph lets you see the reasons in a flash by drawing a multi-level pie chart that details how much space each directory and subdirectory is consuming.
4. Windows Powertools Want to speed up your PC? Windows Powertools contains 16 utilities for improving your PCs performance in one convenient package. Utilities include Cache2Trash (for deleting temporary files), DiskCheck (finds and resolves disk errors), Defrag (defragments your drive), Kompressor (compresses your hard drive), and more.
5. KShutdown The normal Windows shutdown procedure from the Start menu works fine most of the time, but Kshutdown adds a lot of extra features. Most useful seems to be the delay option which lets you shutdown or restart your system at a later date or time.
6. 7-Zip This file compressor supports the 7z format to pack files into a smaller package than can be achieved with either the ZIP or GZIP formats. If you prefer, 7-zip can also create ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, and TAR files and de-compress from nearly all compression file formats.
7. MovicaThis graphical video editor let you edit WMV, FLV, RM and MPG files. The features are pretty basic, but you can edit, join, or split movies to your hearts content.
8. DVDx Calling itself likely the most popular DVD backup software worldwide, DVDx converts your DVDs into (S)Video CD, DivX, or Windows Media files in order to save file space. The Ultra Edition, available for a fee, can handle copy-protected movies, though, of course, you should only use it if you have legal permission to copy those movies.
9. Handbrake Handbrake does just one thingconverting DVDs to MPEG-4 filesbut it does that one thing pretty well. Its still in the early stages of development, but the latest version has greatly improved performance and fixed some of the bugs that hindered earlier versions.