21) OpenVPN Designed for customized VPN configurations, OpenVPN is a full-fledged alternative to many of the closed source options for VPN pass though solutions.
22) RSSOwl A RSS aggregator designed for users who want to keep up with large amounts of RSS feeds.
23) OpenWengo Voice over IP for everyone, built on open standards, OpenWengo provides a solid alternative to other closed source options like Skpye and Google Talk (despite Gtalks use of the Jabber protocol).
24) Miranda IM An open source, multiple protocol instant messenger built for the casual Windows user.
25) PuTTY A free and open source utility for accessing files remotely on Unix/Linux and Windows machines. Supports both Telenet and SSH options.
26) OpenSTA Software testing architecture with open source standards in place. Measures performance and provides for software stress testing. Designed for Windows.
27) Quanta Plus A powerful, open source alternative to closed source web development tools such as DreamWeaver.
28) Amarok A jukebox type music player for Linux, Amarok has been compared to iTunes, without the access to the mainstream music store.
29) Second Life Ins simplest terms, Second Life is a 3D virtual world built and maintained by its participants. The software that allows interaction in this world is built on open source software technology.
30) Ardour A digital audio workstation designed for audio professionals or those who would like to have access to this level of professional functionality. Mix, edit and create multi-track audio files, using a large number of features and abilities not found in most audio editing applications.
One of the ways around the issues of security and control that make some businesses wary of cloud computing is to build a private cloud -- one that remains within the corporate firewall and is wholly controlled internally. Private clouds also increase the agility of IT an organization's IT infrastructure and make it easier to roll out new technology projects. Download this eBook to get the facts behind the private cloud and learn how your organization can get started.