Indeed, the iPad is showing that you dont need a speedy notebook full of programs to run your company on the go; all you need is a tablet with free iPad apps.
Weve culled through the thousands of apps in the iTunes Store to bring you this list of the 50 free business iPad apps that are worth your time. Let the downloading begin.
1) DejaOffice 2010 Get business-class contacts, calendar, tasks, and notepad apps, all for free.
2) DaVinci for iPad This field app for appraisers lets you fill out inspection reports and create floor plans.
3) Documents Free The iPads only lightweight mobile office app is free. Dont spend a fortune to create documents, when this app can sync files with Google Documents.
4) Easy books With this free app, youll have professional bookkeeping and invoicing tools with you at all times.
Deja Office 2010
5) FileApp Copy files to your iPad to read while out of the office. This app works wirelessly and can open most any files.
6) Meeting Room Take notes on your meetings. This app integrates with your address book and lets you summarize your meetings for later reference.
7) MicroStrategy Mobile Put business reports, KPIs, documents, and dashboards in the hands of your employees. View your business data in attractive tables, graphs, and charts.
8) Mobile POS Accepts payments wherever you go. This app provides a way to process sales using your iPad.
9) Quick Sale Use this app to invoice your customers or as a mobile point-of-sale.
10) Roambi Stay connected. Roambis interactive tools let you analyze and share your companys data, providing you with up-to-the-minute information.
11) SharePlus Lite Office Mobile Client Collaborate with your team, sharing documents, calendars, and task lists.
Office Memos Free
12) Audio Memos Free The advanced features on this recorder let you boost the volume during playback and edit your recordings.
13) Box.net Store your files in the cloud. This app lets you share files with 5GB of free storage.
14) Dragon Dictation Dont type when you can dictate your e-mails and documents with this fast and highly-accurate app.
15) eFax Only doctors offices still have fax machines. The rest of us get by with free eFax accounts.
16) Every Time Zone Have trouble remembering the times in your remote offices? This app shows you all the worlds time zones in one glance.
17) HoursTracker HD Lite Track your time on the go. Set up as many jobs as you need, then clock in and out.
One of the ways around the issues of security and control that make some businesses wary of cloud computing is to build a private cloud -- one that remains within the corporate firewall and is wholly controlled internally. Private clouds also increase the agility of IT an organization's IT infrastructure and make it easier to roll out new technology projects. Download this eBook to get the facts behind the private cloud and learn how your organization can get started.