It costs a lot to run a business today but there’s some relief on the app front – many Android apps are free. If you’re looking to increase profits and efficiencies and streamline your work while on the run, you’ll find these 35 free Android apps particularly helpful.
And, you guessed it – you’ll find them all on Google Play.
1) Foursquare for Business. This is a handy side-kick app for businesses using Foursquare. It lets you post photo updates, manage specials and multiple store locations, view analytics, and learn more about your recent and most loyal customers right from your mobile device. The app is free but your business must already be signed up on Foursquare in order to use it.
2) Google My Business. When your customers are looking at your business using Google search, Google Maps or G+, this app allows you to directly connect with them. Use this app to easily update your business info on Search, Maps and more. It’s a fast and easy way to update your business address, hours, menus, offers, and contact information found on Google anything. You can also get custom insights, including how many times your business shows up on Google. Free.
3) Google Apps Lookup. This app is a quick and handy way to lookup and contact anyone in your corporate domain if you are a Google Apps for Business or Google Apps for Education user. One tap and you can contact your colleague via email, chat or phone and even tap for their address. Free.
4) AdWords Express. While this app works for Adwords Express in the U.S., and not for Adwords Accounts, it’s a great way to create your ad in less than 15 minutes from a mobile device. You don’t have to pay anything unless someone clicks on the ad to go to your website or to call. You can also track the ad’s performance, edit the ad copy, adjust your budget, and get important notifications on your mobile device. The app is free but you have to enter a credit card to pay for ads as customers click on them.
5) Box. This file syncing and sharing app works extremely well on Android devices. You get 10GB of free cloud storage for your docs where you can view and search over 100 file types including PDF, Word, Excel, AI, and PSD. Plus photos and videos all at high quality and with file-level encryption and security controls can easily be stored and shared. You can share huge documents in a single link inside an email instead of wrestling with attachments. Free.
6) Facebook Pages Manager. Need to manage your business’ Facebook page on the run? This app is for you. It keeps admins connected with their audience and the activity on multiple Pages, all in one place. You can post updates and photos and respond to comments as well as view and reply to private messages sent to your Pages. There is an option to get push notifications for new activity, tips and reminders and you can also view your latest Page Insights. Free.
7) MailChimp for Android. This is a companion app to MailChimp desktop and you can do just about everything on the mobile app as the desktop version with the exception of creating a campaign. You can schedule or send a campaign from the app, however; so, if you’re waiting on colleagues to sign off on it at least you don’t have to hang around the office until they do. Manage and monitor your list, find subscribers near your current location, filter by group, find out who is most engaged, and more with this app. Free.
8) OWM for Outlook OWA Web Email. If you use Outlook Web Access and want it delivered in an Android smartphone friendly layout, then this is the app for you. Microsoft Exchange 2007 Outlook Web Access (OWA) or 2010 / 2013 Outlook Web App can be accessed this way but not any other email exchange such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, or Horde Mail. You can get email alerts and calendar downloads too. Free.
9) Microsoft Remote Desktop. Need something from your Windows desktop while you’re out and about? This app will remotely connect you with your PC and files so you can access them from anywhere. It supports Windows Professional and Windows Server editions as well as a few others but surprisingly not Home Premium. Free.
10) QuickBooks for Windows. This app by Intuit, the makers of QuickBooks, enables you to manage customer invoices, sales receipts, estimates, bills, payments, and CRM – and all of it is optimized for Android devices. Free to QuickBooks customers.
11) Vault-Hide SMS, Pics & Videos. Lock apps on your phone and hide everything from contacts to text messages from prying eyes. This app also suppresses incoming message alerts and taking a picture of anyone using your phone trying to access your Vault account with a wrong password. Keep your phone content private – all of it – from noisy dates and phone data thieves. Free.
12) GoToMeeting. Start or join in on meetings in GoToMeeting on your Android device in seconds with this app. It just makes sense that if you’re going to use an online, remote meeting app you should be able to use it while you’re on the go, doesn’t it? Free.