Here's a list of 100 of the best Android apps of 2011 to help you load your device with goodies.
1) MyBackup Pro With this app you can create backups of all the important data on your phone to your SD Card or RerWare's online secure servers. Then you can restore that data to any phone that MyBackup Pro supports, regardless of platform. Paid: $4.99.
2) CacheMate for Root Users CacheMate allows you to clear the cache from all your apps with a single click. You can even set it to automatically clear the cache according to a schedule: anywhere from once an hour to once every few days. Requires Root. Paid: $1.
3) ASTRO File Manager This app might just be essential. It's a full-featured file manager that lets you view and manage the files on your Droid without having to plug it into your computer. You can even use it to backup your Android apps to your SD card. Paid: $2.99.
4) Skifta This app turns your Android device into a global remote control. Certified by the Digital Network Living Alliance (DNLA), Skifta allows your Android device to stream onboard media to any DNLA-enabled device, include TVs, stereos, PCs and the Sony PlayStation 3. Free.
5) The Weather Channel Keep up with everything you need to know about the weather with this app. It features hourly, 36-hour and 10-day forecasts and live video from the TV channel. Free.
6) LastPass Password Manager Premium Juggling more passwords than you can keep track of? This app may be just what you need. It's a secure password generator that securely syncs your passwords across all your browsers and devices and automatically fills forms on all sites. The app is free, but the service costs $1 per month.
7) Vlingo Need to text, call, tweet or set your Facebook status and your hands are already occupied? That's no problem if you have Vlingo, which allows you to operate your Android phone with your voice. It even works with a wireless Bluetooth headset. Free.
8) iTriage Mobile Health Use this app to help take better care of yourself. It was designed by two emergency room physicians to help users identify their systems and find a healthcare provider. Free.
9) Llama – Location Profiles Do you want or need your phone to change its behavior based on where you are? Look no further than this app. It can change your phone's ringer and ringtones—and a host of other settings as well—based on your location. Free.
10) chompSMS Want more control over your SMS app? The highly configurable chompSMS app gives it to you in spades. You can alter the style of your chat bubbles, add themes, a passcode lock, signatures and lots more. There are even blacklisting and Quick Reply features. Free.
11) Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro Carry your personal trainer in your pocket with this app, which uses GPS to help track your running, cycling and walking and even gives you audio feedback. It even syncs with a number of heart rate and cadence monitors. Paid: $3.99.
12) GetGlue Sometimes finding a new television show, movie or music that's up your alley can be tricky. That's where this app comes in. GetGlue is a social network for entertainment. You can check-in to what you're watching, reading or listening to, get recommendations based on your likes and dislikes and see what your friends are into. Free.
13) Anti-Virus Pro Concerned about malware, viruses and SMS spam? Anti-Virus Pro is a comprehensive security suite for Android that can scan apps, files, settings and media in real time. Paid: $9.99.
14) PdaNet Use USB Tether or Bluetooth DUN to connect your laptop to the Internet using your Android phone as a modem. You can use your phone to connect via 3G data, Wi-Fi and even VPN. Free and paid. The free version blocks access to secure Web sites. The premium version goes for $23.95.
15) MightyMeeting Manage a library of PowerPoint presentations directly from your Android phone with this app. You can use the app to share the presentations via e-mail, blog, Twitter and Facebook, and you can also start or join Web meetings using it. Free.
16) JuiceDefender Is the battery on your Android phone consistently running on empty? JuiceDefender can help you extend it! The app intelligently manages your mobile connectivity and other battery-sensitive components to ensure your phone runs as efficiently as possible. For example, the default mode switches your phone from battery-intensive 3G mode to the less-draining 2G mode when you're not actually using the phone, and it turns of the Wi-Fi radio if the charge goes below a certain level. The Advanced Mode allows you to tune the app's triggers based on your individual needs. Free.
17) Seesmic This Twitter client integrates streams from Twitter, Facebook and even Salesforce.com Chatter into a single client, allowing you to stay on top of all your messages from various sources. Unlike many clients, it supports multiple accounts, giving you the ability when composing a message to send it out via one of your accounts or all of them at once. You can also customize a large number of features. Free.
18) LogMeIn Ignition This app lets you securely access your computers—Windows or Mac—and all the files on them remotely from your phone. Never leave anything behind again. Paid: $29.99.
19) TiKL – Touch to Talk (PTT) Turn your Android phone into a walkie-talkie with this app. It provides push to talk capabilities between Android phones without additional hardware and without using minutes. Communication is near instantaneous on 3G and 4G networks. Free.
20) Document Scanner This app allows you to scan documents with your phone's camera, convert it to PDF and e-mail the PDF to anyone. You can even upload the PDF to Google Docs. Paid: $2.98.
One of the ways around the issues of security and control that make some businesses wary of cloud computing is to build a private cloud -- one that remains within the corporate firewall and is wholly controlled internally. Private clouds also increase the agility of IT an organization's IT infrastructure and make it easier to roll out new technology projects. Download this eBook to get the facts behind the private cloud and learn how your organization can get started.