Websense: In its latest report, Websense Security Labs finds that the last half of 2009 was marked by more targeted attacks focused on Web 2.0 services. Findings including the following:
- "13.7 percent of searches for trending news/buzz words lead to malware.
- "71 percent of Web sites with malicious code [were] revealed to be legitimate sites that had been compromised.
- "95 percent of user-generated comments to blogs, chat rooms and message boards are spam or malicious.
- "35 percent of malicious Web attacks included data-stealing code.
- "58 percent of data-stealing attacks are conducted over the Web.
- "85.8 percent of all emails were spam."