Gartner Highlights Key Predictions for IT Organizations and Users in 2010 and Beyond
What does the future hold for IT in the next couple of years?
Posted January 13, 2010
Gartner: Gartner has released it's top IT predictions for 2010 and beyond. Here's a glimpse:
- "By 2012, 20 percent of businesses will own no IT assets."
- "By 2012, India-centric IT services companies will represent 20 percent of the leading cloud aggregators in the market (through cloud service offerings)."
- "By 2012, Facebook will become the hub for social network integration and Web socialization."
- "By 2014, most IT business cases will include carbon remediation costs."
- "In 2012, 60 percent of a new PC's total life greenhouse gas emissions will have occurred before the user first turns the machine on."
- "Internet marketing will be regulated by 2015, controlling more than $250 billion in Internet marketing spending worldwide."
- "By 2014, over 3 billion of the world's adult population will be able to transact electronically via mobile or Internet technology."
- "By 2015, context will be as influential to mobile consumer services and relationships as search engines are to the Web."
- "By 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide."