State of the Data Center Research Report
IT departments struggle with complexity, disaster recovery issues.
Posted January 11, 2010
Symantec: In it's third annual survey, Symantec found that:
- Mid-sized enterprises are more likely to use cutting-edge technology.
- One-third of all enterprises say staff productivity is hampered by too many applications.
- Security, backup and recovery, and continuous data protection are the most important initiatives in 2010, ahead of virtualization.
- Staffing and budgets remain tight with half of all enterprises reporting they are somewhat/extremely understaffed.
- One-third of disaster recovery plans are undocumented or need work.
- Virtual machine protection continues to be a focus for enterprises, with 82 percent of enterprises considering virtual-machine technologies in 2010.