16) Lie Dectector Advanced (Free) A voice-based lie detector (for fun only) that measures the level of stress in a persons voice to see if theyre fibbing. Who needs the FBI? Conduct your own lie detector test.
17) Mood Phone The MoodPhone can (in theory) sense your mood and provide a visual that reflects it: happy, sad, in love, angry. Let the MoodPhone tell you how you feel.
Social Networking and IM: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
18) Fring Think of it as a universal IM client: it does AIM, MSN, Google Talk, Skype, Yahoo, ICQ, Twitter. If thats not enough it also handle VoIP calls over Wi-Fi so you can make free phone calls.
19) Twittelator Helps manage your Tweet stream friends, fans and family by tracking small sub groups, among other functions.
20) ShoZu Enables you to take pictures with the iPhones built-in camera and with no hassle upload them to the Web. Put them on Facebook, a photo sharing site like Picasa, or any Internet site.
21) Facebook for iPhone Helps you interface with Facebook in numerous ways, including Facebook chat, uploading photos, and finding your friends.
22) MySpace for iPhone Put the vast world of MySpace on your iPhone with this app you can socializing with your MySpace friends when youre on the go.
23) AIM Connect with your friends via the AIM instant messenger service. This version is completely rebuilt for the iPhone.
News and Information
24) USA Today What newspaper does colorful pie charts like USA Today? Scan and read stories from sports to politics to fashion to tech.
25) New York Times Americas newspaper of record has made itself very easy to scan on your iPhone, with articles and photo layouts specially customized.
26) The Weather Channel Not only find out if rain or sun is coming, but create customizable weather maps and share alerts and forecasts via email.
Personal Productivity: Search, Note writing, memos, etc.
27) Writing Pad Yes, the iPhones tiny keyboard is kind of a hassle to use to write notes. To ease the hassle, Writing Pad enables you to write by dragging your finger along a virtual keyboard. Its takes some getting used to, but long term it might be easier than pretending you have tiny fingers.