9) Businesses and consumers worldwide will spend how much on software over the next four years?
A) $890 million B) $34 billion C) $350 billion D) $1.2 trillion
10) Software piracy remains commonplace, as always. What percentage of software installed on PCs worldwide in 2006 was obtained illegally?
A) 35 percent B) 61 percent C) 80 percent D) More than anyone can count
11) What medium do consumers say is the most essential, TV or the Internet?
A) The Internet, by a narrow margin B) TV, by a large margin C) The Internet is a clear winner D) Neither. Consumers say the printed newspaper is the most essential medium
12) Computer and network security is a notoriously difficult challenge for companies, as black hatters strive to penetrate the firewall. But employees also pose a major risk, due to a number of careless security practices. What percentage of security blunders are attributable to employees?
A) More than 10 percent B) Almost a quarter C) Almost half D) Id like to research that, but someone lifted my laptop
13) The storage software market is robust, with years of healthy annual growth. Among the top software storage vendors, which one saw the biggest revenue jump from 2006 Q1 to 2007 Q1?
A) EMC B) Symantec C) Network Appliance D) IBM
14) Research firm IDC reports that the size of the Linux market ecosystem, based on servers and software, is worth $18 billion. What does IDC expect the Linux market to be worth in 2010?
A) $27 billion B) $40 billion C) $56 billion D) $81 billion
15) Linux creator Linus Torvalds recently commented on the newly released GPLv3, a document that is expected to have far-reaching implications for open sources future in business. In this post to the Linux kernel mailing list, how did Torvalds describe GPLv3?
A) GPLv3 is a major step forward, one that I hope *all* developers will adopt. B) So I claim that for *me* the right choice is GPLv2 (or something similar). I think the GPLv3 is overreaching. C) Except for a few changes, I think the development community is ready to move forward with GPLv3.